RF35 or RF82?

nezff

• Moderators

It's a Sound Advice near the stadium. Spent about an hour there. (We were the only ones in the whole store). Glad I brought her. She fell in love with the 63's. I am freakin' stoked.

That is awesome! When I brought the 83's home and unpacked them, all I could say was they looked beautiful. My wife just laughed. She thinks the speakers in the TV sound just fine. LOL. I thought Sound Advice stopped carrying Klipsch. I first learned of Klipsch from the SA on Fowler Ave but they no longer carry Klipsch anymore. The discounts I was referring to were in regards to a local A/V store. A large store like SA might not be willing to come down that much but regardless, I personally would offer them 20% off of what they are asking and pay it cash. Let us know what you end up getting. If the wife is on board with the 63's, go for it!

• Moderators

now i have to find someone to buy my 2 week old RF62s. Confused

So did you decide to sell your 62's? Couldn't you take them back to the dealer and just upgrade by paying the difference and maybe a restocking fee?

• Moderators

The upgrade bug is bad. Do you "need the 63's"? Are they worth $700 more to you? Are you dissatisfied with the sound quality of the 62's? If not, then keep them and enjoy them. The bad thing about this hobby is there is never an end and you can always upgrade to something "bigger and better". At some point, you have to ask yourself, "What is the limit that I'm willing to go to reach a level of sound quality that satisfies me"? For some, that would be the Quintets, for others, some Cornwalls. You have to decide what is your goal, save up and buy it, then sit back and enjoy your setup. It's always easy for us on the other side saying, "If it were me, I would buy the .....". You have to realize that some people would suggest for you go ahead and buy the RF63's but they themselves might not even have the cash to afford it.

Two things that I have learned the hard way over the past 17 years (I'm now 32):

1) For the most part, you get what you pay for. I no longer buy the cheapest, because usually it is junk and I will not be satisfied. I do not buy the very best because it is usually above my budget and is not worth the extra money. I buy somewhere in the middle....usually ends up being good quality and good value and will meet my needs and desires.

2) It is usually best to save up for what you really want, even if it takes awhile. If you "sacrifice" and "settle for less than you want", you will usually regret it, sell whatever you bought at a lower cost than you paid for it, and then eventually buy what you originally wanted. That's what happened to me on more than one occassion.

Michael

For myself, if I try to go any Bigger or Badder I am going to have to Move to a Bigger House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying real hard to calm myself into realizing my system is just Fine..............but that Pesky Bug keeps coming back............AHHHHHHHHHHH.

I hear you loud and clear youth. Im not planning the upgrade anytime soon. I love the 62s, i really do. My father is actually thinking of going with a home theater system now. If he does, I might let him have my 62s and I might do the upgrade that way. thanks again guys.

I got the RF 82 system a month or so ago, what a great setup. Yesterday I just got the rb51's for the rear. The dealer that I used, Audio Video Excellence in Raleigh, was super to deal with. He suggested the 52 center, and it works great. Just my 2 cents worth.

David

I got the RF 82 system a month or so ago, what a great setup. Yesterday I just got the rb51's for the rear. The dealer that I used, Audio Video Excellence in Raleigh, was super to deal with. He suggested the 52 center, and it works great. Just my 2 cents worth.

David

The RC62 is the center matched with the 82s.

• Moderators

I get to go with the 63's.

You must have a cool wife too!

Is the 64 center worth the extra $ vs. the 62??.

I definitely think so. It is the center that is voice matched to the RF-63 so if you want the sound to flow seemlessly from speaker to speaker, and if you want one bad mama jama....then go with the RC-64. You will definitely be glad you did.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok how about this. Im thinking of just keeping my RF62s because I dont think I would be getting anything more from the RF35s or RF82s. So close in sound. I am actually thinking of upgrading to the onkyo 805 now and getting rid of my Onkyo 605. More power, better DACs, more HDMIs, THX select 2 certf., audyssey multi eq compared to the audyssey 2eq. etc...

whatcha think guys. thanks.