I scored some Fortes.

bigdaddy

I've been watching Fortes on Ebay for a while now and I finally scored some for a reasonable price and they look to be in decent shape. Now comes the really hard part. Waiting for them to get here. I have KG-4s and I love the sound of them they just don't get very loud. I'm kind of a metal head and I like it loud sometimes. I can't wait!

Congrats! You'll love the Fortes. I have had mine in my bedroom system for a year or so now and I do believe they are the best speaker for that room that I have yet to come across.

Waiting can be a drag. Especially when it is something like these. They will kill the KG4s. I own both and will probably never part with either.

Tom

Yeah the wait will suck and I'm leaving town tomorrow and won't be back till next week so I just have to be patient. The only thing that I really hate is I'll have to sell my KG-4s and my B&W 1400s. I have to watch the money because of the little one in the bunny ears. Plus I don't have the space for 3 sets of speakers. My house is only 1000 sq ft.

Let me know how that crossover upgrade does and shoot me a pm on the cost if you don't mind.

And that is exactly what I am looking for. I have 2 very decent sounding sets of speakers but even though my house is not large it is all open. My KG-4s sound great but have no impact. My B&Ws have a little more impact but I'm pushing my 200 wattx2 amp pretty hard to get that. These are the only ones I can afford that I thought would give me the punch I wanted. I have to admit I have not heard the fortes but having heard a few Klipsch I felt confident the sound wouldn't be terribly different from the others I own except louder and with more punch. If I don't like them I can resell em. I only paid $314 plus shipping so I know I'll be able to turn them for that much if not more.

Ok I'm getting antsy now and I still have at least 8 days.

I recently bought a pair of Fortes and had never heard them before but took advice from the forum and what I read. I wasn't disappointed at all. They are very good speakers and tough to beat particularly at the low price you can get them for in the used market.

You better put some ears plugs under those bunny ears because those fortes are gonna crank! I have about the same size house and have them I my basement with carver TFM-35's hooked up. I turned them up to about 30-35 watts and the speakers where very very loud. I went upstairs and the floors where vibrating like mad. I can't remember where I seen the link on here, but you can figuire your db, I did mine, it come out somewhere around a jet taking off![:o] [:D]

Yeah, I don't crank it too much when Sarah is here. I have a high power amp so I'll be careful. But when the bunny's away....[Y]

By the way who can help me decode the serial numbers and model codes On the sticker it says For FB RV and the serial number is 8816793

I believe they are made in 1988 wk 1 number 6793 or is 1988 wk 16 number 793? Also on the model It's a Forte flat black but what is the RV?

• 2 weeks later...