Members Weekly Music Recommendations-April 8

thebes

Late again. Been busy soldering, finishing up some gear projects before work gets too busy. Great thing about this hobby is, if you want to, you can build the stuff you will be using to play the music on. Tossed this one on a newly rebuilt amp the other day and really liked it:

Luther Vandross, "Dance With My Father", soul and R&B, cd, DVD-A. This ones been out for about five years now and is the best stuff he's done in recent years. He had some help from a few friends on this one: Foxy Brown, Busta Rymes, Beyonce and Queen Latifah bring it to the verge of rap but never crosses the line. Very tuneful and sweet and extremely well recorded.

So what do you have to share this week?

Well here's one that I haven't heard in quite awhile .................

BOB SEGER and the SILVER BULLET BAND ; LIVE BULLET ..................... CD ................ 1970 something

There once was a Lad out of Detroit who had a great voice, and knew how to Sing the Old Rock n' Roll. He put together a Band, and hit the road, and this is what happened. This my friends is Bob Seger and his Silver Bullet Band, and this disc Rocks. I always liked Bob,"Ramblin' Gamblin' Man", this is his best piece of work, in my opinion. Yes, Night Moves was great, and Stranger in Town was full of hits, but that became a different Bob Seger, Bob the Rock Star, and that was not good. This disc covers all that Classic Early Seger, NutBush City Limits, Beautiful Loser, Ramblin' Man. A man on a mission to spread the word of Rock, I love this stuff. Did I mention the Silver Bullet Band ......... these guys are dead-nuts on, what a Band. This is the REAL Bob Seger, not some hit making, record selling, ticket selling Rock Star ......... From Drew Abbot on Guitar, to Alto Reed on the Sax, these are great musicans, and this is a great disc. If your a fan of 70's Rock, you must atleast give this a listen ......... if you listen, you will end up owning. Funny, I find myself getting bored with my music form time to time, then an old album like this pops up, and all is good again ....... So, Take those old records off the shelf, and ENJOY ..................

Well here's one that I haven't heard in quite awhile .................

BOB SEGER and the SILVER BULLET BAND ; LIVE BULLET ..................... CD ................ 1970 something

There once was a Lad out of Detroit who had a great voice, and knew how to Sing the Old Rock n' Roll. He put together a Band, and hit the road, and this is what happened. This my friends is Bob Seger and his Silver Bullet Band, and this disc Rocks. I always liked Bob,"Ramblin' Gamblin' Man", this is his best piece of work, in my opinion. Yes, Night Moves was great, and Stranger in Town was full of hits, but that became a different Bob Seger, Bob the Rock Star, and that was not good. This disc covers all that Classic Early Seger, NutBush City Limits, Beautiful Loser, Ramblin' Man. A man on a mission to spread the word of Rock, I love this stuff. Did I mention the Silver Bullet Band ......... these guys are dead-nuts on, what a Band. This is the REAL Bob Seger, not some hit making, record selling, ticket selling Rock Star ......... From Drew Abbot on Guitar, to Alto Reed on the Sax, these are great musicans, and this is a great disc. If your a fan of 70's Rock, you must atleast give this a listen ......... if you listen, you will end up owning. Funny, I find myself getting bored with my music form time to time, then an old album like this pops up, and all is good again ....... So, Take those old records off the shelf, and ENJOY ..................

Instead of a rec., I'm going to go with OB's super dooper choice. Seen Bob 3 times that can recall now,Silver Bullet,With Teagarden & Van Winkle(OP's), & The Bob Seger System, with LPs like Noah, Ramblin Gamblin Man, Back in 72, and Mongrel.

Live double album, Silver Bullet Live was/is the music of choice for the partying 70,s.

DVD Documentary

PARLIAMENT Funkadelic - ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE

If you don't like funk you may not be alive.

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/parliamentfunkadelic/film.html

band_georgepic.jpgband_bootsypic.jpg

cov_mothershipcon.jpg

This is a must have documentary. I learned so much about George Clinton that I never knew.

Ready or not here we come

Gettin' down on the one which

We believe in

One nation under a groove,

gettin' down just for the funk

(Can I get it on my good foot)

Gettin' down just for the funk of it

(Good God)

'bout time I got down one time

One nation and we're on the move

Nothin' can stop us now

(Aye aye aye aye aye)