Turntable Question(s)

kevinmi

I have a vintage JVC QL-50 turntable that I just recently got out of storage and put back into service. Two of the rubber diaphrams on the feet are ruptured and I was wondering if anyone knew if you could buy new feet anywhere. Also, where is a good place to shop for a new stylus and other related stuff? I haven't played lp's in at least 10 years, and need to get back into the analog swing of things. Thanks in advance-kevin

www.garage-a-records.com is good for some things, maybe all. http://www.garage-a-records.com/proddetail.php?prod=NRP103 At 3/8 inch by 2 inch stick ons at 4 for $20 these are not a bargain, or are not properly called feet.

Now these might work:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?Partnumber=260-771&FTR=260-771&CFID=27127221&CFTOKEN=90039913

The best 'bang for a buck' is using squash balls cut in half as feet. They are superb vibration and accoustic de-couplers. With cartridges go onto ebay and look for Ortofon OM/LM 20, 30 or the more expensive 40. Some great bargins when they come up and probably one of the best low mass MM money can buy. Next upgrade your arm to a Rega (or re-branded) 250 or 300, again some bargains out there for this type of arm (lots around). For a few hundred bucks you'll have a turntable set-up equivalent to a few thousand!

Cheers