Is Klipsch making a mistake allowing internet vendors to sell

bigdaddy

That was the reason I started the thread. Not that I'm seriously considering it. It was just daydreaming. But I have to say it would be something to think about.

As far as competing with the bigbox. I don't think that's that big of a deal considering BBs attitude when you mention paying less than full retail. Other areas may be different on that issue though.

Also where we are moving there is no Magnolia store or any other decent audio store.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the only way a person is going to make it in the home audio/video mom and pop shop is if he or she is very much a "networker" who hangs with groups that just love this kind of stuff and have an incessant need to keep "trading-up." Just hanging a sign with more expensive stuff than Best Buy is not necessarily a draw in itself. You really need to have a network to get people in. My guess is that if you are a person that spends lots of time on forums, you might not be one of those who will make good money at it - enough to pay for rent and other expensive overhead. I've seen many of them come and go in Houston. Some big names, too - like Tweeter, which was formerly Home Entertainment.

If I had to go into audio and such, it would be after-market car stereos and rims, etc. People trash those out and trade so often, and they are more the type that lives at home (or has roommates) and has lots of discretionary income. Blowing a full paycheck on this junk is no big deal to them.

As i said in my post it's not a reality, I was daydreaming. I have no intention of opening an audio shop in Topeka KS. I have an active imagination and just let it go and it got me to thinking about the whole issue.

If I open up any business it will be a restaurant. That's my specialty. I can cook with the best of them and I love doing it. Audio is a hobby and will stay that way for me.

That's still a remote possibility. For now I'm moving up there and getting a job. Everything has to fall in place for that to happen. For one it takes a lot of money to open a restaurant. It also takes help from friends and family. Not to mention 15 and 16 hr days sometimes 7 days a week. Did I mention it takes a lot of money? Thank you though.