Onkyo 705 vs. Onkyo 606?

nezff

the 606 is too similar to the 605 imo...the 705 will not be a significant upgrade from what you have. If you need more HDMI inputs than I would wait and see what comes next from onkyo. if you need it now I would say go with the 606 because it has the most HDMI inputs.

• Like 1

Also, the 705 has pre-outs, which may be useful if you ever intend on adding external amps down the road. The 706 should be out with the next month, but with the exception of maybe the video processing won't be that much better than the 705.

Good luck.

I have had the 805 for just over a year, & love it.

But as lakedmb said, waiting for the current model might be worth the wait. But it is still
worth checking out thoroughly. I had to
force them to swap from the 804 because it was a POS.

Edit: Makes more sense now....

after all this talk about upgrading receivers. I sat down last night and watched AVP, WOW. the dts track on there is nice. I think i have a great receiver, so I might stick with this one right now. I really wanted the 805 though.[:$]

You have the 605 now, with the exception of a little more power and more HDMI inputs what else are you trying to achieve? Does your current receiver not have a specific feature that you really want?

Personally, I would enjoy the receiver you have now or ask the company you bought it from if they have a trade-in program where you pay the difference. I would also really think about what you want to improve on before clicking the "checkout" button.

• Moderators

He's just got the fever, the itch, the dreaded disease! If you aren't careful, you can find yourself never being truly satisfied with what you have. There is nothing wrong with upgrading, but to me, technology changes way to fast to stay at the top of the latest and greatest. As several of us have suggested in one form or another, "if it ain't broke then don't try to fix it".

You have the 605 now, with the exception of a little more power and more HDMI inputs what else are you trying to achieve? Does your current receiver not have a specific feature that you really want?

Personally, I would enjoy the receiver you have now or ask the company you bought it from if they have a trade-in program where you pay the difference. I would also really think about what you want to improve on before clicking the "checkout" button.

more power.