Eraserhead

damonrpayne

David Lynch needs to be medicated. Could somene tell me what this movie is supposedly about?

This was one of his first films. I would say it is a surreal art film. The lighting and camera work is wonderful. The story and characters are bizarre to say the least. My favorite is the girl in the radiator singing Heaven stepping on the fetuses. I watched it when I was 15 and it tool two viewings to have any simblance of understanding. Did you make it all the way through the first time? Hard to do sober I must say.

I am a David Lynch fan though Elephant Man, Dune, Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks, Wild At Heart, and Mulholland Drive are my faves. You never know where his movies are going.

I think David Lynch breaks for hallucinations.

I love David Lynch's movies. Damon, I have all of his movies if you want to see more?

I watched an interview with him. He said that he makes his movies about topics that scare him.

Don't forget about Lost Highway.

You guys need to see the movie "You don't know Jack" Is a documentary on Jack Nance. Very Sad but Very Interesting.

JM

When I was in my first two years of college, I worked Friday evenings in a home town cinema and took tickets. Of course, Friday night meant "midnight movies", so I got to see plenty of them (a story in itself, aka "Rocky Horror Picture Show"). Eraserhead was one of the movies that was featured on at least a few occasions, and it was - well - ethereal and maligned at best. The crowds were never as plentious as for Rocky, and I admit that I was not a big fan either; it was just too far out there. On the other hand, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes [Y][Y]

Chris