Hello, I think I'm done... for now

D-Rock

New to the forum, but an 8 year Klipsch owner. I just received my RW-10d to complete my 5.1 system.

RC-3, RF-3 II, RS-3 II, RW-10d connected to a Denon AVR-1707 (for now). Meager, I know, but it is what it is. I bought the RC-3 first after listening to many CCs. I narrowed it down to the Klipsch and B&W 300 series, I just liked the clarity of the Klipsch better. From there I added the RF-3 IIs and then the RS-3 IIs and finally the RW-10d.

Just wanted to say hello,

D.

Wow, talk about opening up the sound stage! I've only used a sub with satellites before. Very nice.

When I said I'm done for now, I meant with speakers. I'm in the market for a new receiver. I really like the Denon, but I'd like a little more headroom than 75W. The AVR-2808/3808 look like the best suit for me.

The price of the Onkyo TX-SR705/805 looks like a better deal. My concern with the Onkyo is that I've read about them being a little bright with Klipsch.

Anyone have any suggestions. The room is a family room 14' wide by 18' deep with the back end opening up to the breakfast/kitchen and 9' ceilings.

D.

• Moderators

The Onkyo is not a music machine,Denon better,HK better by a mile for music.

I have to agree with Fish here. My Onkyo blows my previous HK out of the water with more headroom and in HT quality. I love my Onkyo. It has tons of power, drives my RF-83's beautifully and home theater is amazing. However, musically, I heard more detail in with my HK AVR55 than with my current Onkyo.

I cannot speak for Denon never owning one myself.

I'll chime in and say my Onkyo 805 and my Klipsch Forte IIs w/Crites crossovers play very nicely together. Not bright at all in my opinion, but it's all about what you're used to. When I first got the 805 (about a year ago) it was brighter than my Pioneer. Now, I think the Pioneer was just "dull". LOL! Go figure.....

I've been using my La Scalas, and now JubScalas, with Yamaha electronics for a couple of years and I'm really happy with the sound.

The most popular brands of receivers on the forum seem to be Yamaha, Denon and Harman Kardon, plus there are some Onkyo fans.