INDY TORNADO: Is everyone okay?

picky

Verna and I just read in the Sunday paper about a tornado that tore through Indianapolis' East Side on Friday night. Our immediate though was is everyone okay? We know that Colter and Roger left east of the city and I'm sure some of the Klipsch folks do too. What's the latest? We hope everyone is fine and that your homes were spared any damage. - Glenn & Verna

• Moderators

Dad lost a huge tree in his front yard...missed the house and people (thank goodness), but got my step-grandmother's car pretty good! It was quite the mess here over the weekend. Typical welcome for the month of June!

Get a pix of the tree in the KIipsch picnic area for your blog. Sorry to hear about the tree and car.

Friends near my neighborhood were either without power for a day or two or had a tree through the roof. I lost some tin off the garden shed but otherwise ok. This is a gentle reminder to get my big oak trees trimmed before nature does it for me. That was one heck of a torrential downpour. My basement window wells turned into aquariums, water rolling down the walls, stressing that there will be no home theater until some drainage issues are handled.

I was at Roger's on Saturday night watching August Rush and his neighborhood seemed to have escaped pretty unharmed. We were very lucky.

Michael

Verna and I just read in the Sunday paper about a tornado that tore through Indianapolis' East Side on Friday night. Our immediate though was is everyone okay? We know that Colter and Roger left east of the city and I'm sure some of the Klipsch folks do too. What's the latest? We hope everyone is fine and that your homes were spared any damage. - Glenn & Verna

Thanks for the concern Glenn and Verna - you know how the weather map turns from happy yellow to light green, green, red then pink? We were in the second shade of pink and it was nasty as it rolled overhead. Made me very greatful to live in a house made of stone I can tell you. Wicked grey-green eerie sky and everything.

I feared for Accord which was in the motor court under those huge trees. It would be in the garage except for all the speakers.....

Yikes, Amy! I just looked at the tree photos on your blog; such potential for carnage! It really put the HERTZ to that garden set! Isn't that in the back parking lot area? I'm glad everyone at the Engineering Center and at your dad's place was alright. Sorry about your step-mom's car.

Michael: I'm sure glad you and Roger didn't really sustain much damage either. How bad is the shed? I agree, trim those trees before God does! You are also correct about your HT plans: I waterproofed our basement first, too and I am relieved that I did every time it rains. Aquariums: Too funny! Boy, do we ever know about green skies! That exactly what we had here back in September of 1980 when a straight-line wind gust blew the ralroad train at the end of our street over on its side and dropped a 3-trunked maple tree on our house crushing our old deck and wrought-iron garden furniture and leaving a hole in the roof over our bed. What is it about tornados and lawn furniture? Trailer parks, too!

Thanks you two for letting us know. I hope everyone else is okay, too! -Glenn