In Memory Of Paul Parrot... RIE

Gilbert

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paul is a great guy, I had the fortune to spend some time with him during the AK/Picky Fest this spring.

He is a great guy, that's what makes the situation so regrettable. Most of you have only had on-line contact with him, I've been in his home and shared meals with him. An unbelievably gracious host, extremely intelligent, and he can make you laugh so hard and long you think you might crack a rib. But I have other friends here, and seeing someone you consider a friend going after someone else you consider a friend is a really awkward and uncomfortable situation. What he was doing in those threads was wrong and I thought calling him on it was the right thing to do. Instead of stopping, he decided to bait and insult me. I guess some of you thought that was pretty funny, which makes sense because that's the whole point of baiting. Of course, it's only funny if you're not the one on the receiving end, and don't forget, I wasn't just some joe off the forum (hey, I thought this guy liked me). Finally, I find it offensive as hell that someone would suggest that I or anyone one else in those threads was "brown nosing" for sticking up for Roy and Klipsch. Standing with someone who is getting verbally assaulted and holding your own ground while being insulted is not brown nosing and being thin skinned -- that comment rates up there with some of the more absurd things posted around here.

Dean. First of all my comment about "brown nosing" was aimed at Oldbuckster and was an attempt at humour (you remember what that is), you will also notice that it was followed by a wink. The thin skin remark.....well I guess you've proven that point huh?

O.K., I misunderstood, sorry about that.[:P] C'mon man, my response hardly constitutes being a rant -- a fairly level headed response considering I thought you were poking me in the eye. :) I guess you've never seen one of my meltdowns, they almost rate up there with Craig's.

Hey Dean it's all fun to me, and yes I have often followed your arguments and discussions. Believe me I would never post simply to be malicious or hurtful, and I generally try to inject some humour if I can. [:D]

Cool.

That sig is pretty obnoxious. Any chance I can get you to change it to something like "Call on God, but row away from the rocks." ~ Native American Proverb

Asolutely no chance, but I'm sure now that you have made an issue of it others will follow suit.