Setting Crossover Frequency?

Okay, so I have the F3, C3, S3, and Sub 12 speakers in my setup. I read on audioholics.com that they recommend you set the crossover frequency of each speaker to 10hz higher than the lowest it will accept. So this gives me roughly:

Front L&R - 40Hz (35Hz - 23kHz +/-3dB)

Center - 80Hz (73Hz - 23kHz +/-3dB)

Surround - 80Hz (62Hz - 23kHz +/-3dB)

LFE - 80Hz (24-120Hz +/-3dB)

I also have the speaker size set to Small even though these are pretty big speakers. There is also a setting on the back of my Sub for Lowpass Frequency. I'm not sure how that differs from crossover, but I believe I have that set to about 60Hz. It seems as if I can only adjust the frequency in increments of 10 inside the receiver. Any help or comments about my settings would be greatly appreciated. Just want to get everything balanced just right =)

The lowpass setting should be all the way up, because you are controling crossover with your receiver.

Yes, and your receiver should probably be set to 80hz. The lowpass setting on the sub turned all the way up will ensure the sub rolling off properly with the speakers.

Yes. The hi-cut adjustment on the back of the sub is used when the amp doesn't have a corresponding adjustment, but with most AV amps or receivers, you can control the LFE or sub rolloff, so you only send the sub the range of bottom that you want. In that case, the roll-of or hi-cut setting on the sub itself should be all the way up.

I'm not sure what you mean by setting the frequency of each speaker.

In most cases, you set the sub to work well with the main speakers, which are usually larger and able to go lower than the center or surrounds. There are a few people on this forum with 5 or 7 matching speakers in their home theaters, but most people don't have the room or the budget for 7 La Scalas, for example.