Looking for L/C/R for a home theater

zilya

We recently built a basement HT. Only thing left to do is get speakers. For the rear center and rear back .. I got 4 in-wall RCW-5 speakers. We still haven't put them in yet. Before we do, we want to make sure we can get a matching or really good L/C/Rs. If the price is not a factor, what are the best Klipsch l/c/rs we can get ? EIther new or used. We also need a sub. But that can wait till later.

I am looking on Craigslist .. and I often find KG3.5 or KG4 or KG5.2 .. or KSR-400 and some heresys.
What are the best Klipsch HT speakers till date ?

thanks

Brac is right, but the Khorns might be a bit much for what you are trying to do.

If room size is not a issue: the RF 7 (which was replaced by the RF 83) is an awesome speaker. Either one would do the job.

The THX ultra system is outstanding but a 5.1 herseys set up is also a good option. It is amazing what those Herseys can do

So many choices so little room

I was looking into getting RF-83s and RC-64. But then I don't have 50" in height. I really liked the look of RC64.

but i can go only as tall as 35" for left and right. What are my other options?

Herseys with what center ?

If the price is not a factor, what are the best Klipsch l/c/rs we can get ? EIther new or used.

If the Klipschorn is too big, you could look at La Scalas or La Scala IIs. Three of those across the front would give excellent sound. LS IIs are available new and there are lots of used original La Scalas on the market, since they last pretty well forever. My 1974s still sound great.