New member with new to me Heresy II's

MechMan

First off a big thumbs up to all the knowledgable people here that have writtin great posts about great speakers.

I have been a lurker for quite some time and have finally gotten myself a nice set of HII's in the black finish. I have a couple of questions for the pro's here...

First and most importantly, I have played these beasts on two systems...the first being a Jolida 102b that they sound fantasic on, and much louder than I have ever heard 15 watts sound, but some tube rolling may be needed to get more bass from them...and the second system consisting of a Luxman C-120A and M-120A combo that threw them into high gear.

At 120 (or so) WPC the Luxman has these little beauties singing so well I'm sure I could throw another 120 (or so) at them by getting another M-120A and running them at the 300 (or so) bridged mono mode.

Do the pro's here think the little monsters could handle 300+ WPC???

Frankie's RELAX extended LP was sounding so good with one amp, (it was concert levels), I'm thinking they could handle another without batting an eye.

Second question...Whats the best way to get rid of the scratches on the black finish. No big corner dings, just lots of scratches.

Thanks in advance

Congrats on your Heresies!!!

1st thing that I would do is check to see if all of your drivers and the Speaker terminal cup are sealed, seated and tight and not leaking air....even a little leek will greatly diminish your bass response. .... Just unscrew them all, lift out the drivers and check that the gaskets are laying in properly.......screw them back in....if you "thump" on the woofer and get a tight thud back your great....

2nd I would send your crossovers to Bob crites and have them updated.....world of difference new caps make......

After I did this to mine they were whole new speakers...shove them in the corners and they almost keep up with Cornwalls.......Even with a cheep but good vintage sansui 85 wwpc amp they cranked

• 1 month later...

Well it looks like the bug has bittin me for sure. I went out and bought me another pair of H2's...I could not resist at 300 bones. This set is much different though.

The finish is what I would expect on an industrial version, but without any corners or handles, and the have the normal black woven grilles. I does not look like a butcher job though...so I'm assuming its factory. Judging by the wallet sized card stapled to the interior they are 1986, but I could not see the finish code. I'm gonna check both tonight and try to upload pix.

Second question...Whats the best way to get rid of the scratches on the black finish. No big corner dings, just lots of scratches.

I'm not going to say this is the best, or even good...but.... I once had a black Academy that had scuffs all over it. Wife said "trust me" and took some black shoe polish and went all over it.

I was amazed with the new appearance (and it smelled ok too!....well....kinda like a shoe.... but not an old smelly tennis shoe, more like a fancy dress shoe.... like the kind OJ Simpson might wear....!! [;)])

There is a synthetic "sandpaper" that is 200 grit equivalent. It comes in rolls and is about a half inch thick. It does a great job of removing yer basic scratches and such and leaves a marvelous, smooth surface. I forget the name, but Home Depot/Lowes carries it.

Welcome to the madness...

Dave