George Wright, Health Issues?

I was just browsing George's Wright Sound site and came across the following note:

About the Wright Sound Company

Dear customers and dealers, I have suffered a set back in my health and am recovering some what slowely. Thise next week in june I have assemblers come back the work to buld up orders.

I aslo have some equipment left over from VSAC to offer as inventories reductions, check our specials section for savings on some of our best products,

Please note, during this time of fluctuating currencies and manufacturing increases, we are forced to adjust some prices on several models with out notice.

Anybody have any idea what's up with George? Obviously, a note written like this was either by a proxy or George was thumbing his message without visual feedback. The communications I've had with George over the years were very articulate.

I'm hoping his health returns soon.

Chris

Sorry to hear he's still having health issues. He serviced my preamp back in May and we had a nice chat. He also sent a letter w/ the unit on it's return, apologizing for the delay (due to health issues, VASC). Hope you're feeling better, George

• 1 year later...

Sad news indeed...

Special announcement:

Dear Wright Sound Customers and Friends,

It is with great sadness that we report that George Wright went home to be with the Lord on August 21, 2009. He is celebrating with those who have gone on before him and we will see him again one day.

George's passing means the end of Wright Sound company. He was the brillance behind the equipment. Without him, there is no company. Those of you who knew George know that he had a passion for tube equipment and he truly was gifted in electronics. He will be sorely missed for his humor and his incredible knowledge about all things tube related.

To all of our customers over the years, George would like to say thanks. It was a heck of a ride and he enjoyed sharing his passion for music with you.

Take care, live life to the fullest, and be blessed.

Brenda Wright

George Wright (son)

Yes, this is indeed sad news. I had a pair of his 3.5's and loved them. I had bought them "used", and came to find out that they had been heavily modified to the point of being nothing like the original design.

I called him and George said "send 'em back" ... and he restored them to the original design for the cost of the parts; all his labor was free. That says a lot about the man.

Rest in peace, George.

This is very sad news. I absolutely love my AU1000 preamp, and George worked on it twice ( I bought it used) the first time as the selector switch was faulty when I received it, and the second time to replace the volume control per my request. He was always the gentleman, very patient in answering my emails and repairing my preamp.

I have always heard nothing but good things about Mr. Wright, and my dealings with the man concur with those opinions.

My deepest sympathy to his family, may God speed.

Steve

George Wright Sr. has passed away, and it appears his wife
and son are closing the company. The following was posted on
wright-sound.com:

Dear Wright Sound Customers and Friends,
It
is with great sadness that we report that George Wright went home to be
with the Lord on August 21, 2009. He is celebrating with those who have
gone on before him and we will see him again one day.
George's
passing means the end of Wright Sound company. He was the brillance
behind the equipment. Without him, there is no company. Those of you
who knew George know that he had a passion for tube equipment and he
truly was gifted in electronics. He will be sorely missed for his humor
and his incredible knowledge about all things tube related.
To all
of our customers over the years, George would like to say thanks. It
was a heck of a ride and he enjoyed sharing his passion for music with
you.

Take care, live life to the fullest, and be blessed.
Brenda Wright
George Wright (son)

This
is a big loss to the tube-using audio public, especially to SET where
most of George's products were focused. He will be missed.