More Biggs and Fox.

Ahh yes, there it was.

Back in the back they still had some bins with LP's.

Nevermind that I hadn't been in the store for over 15 years, the thrift store was just as I remembered it.

A quick look over the first few bins revealed the typical Lawrecnce Welk, Perry Como, Liberace, etc...

But one of the bins was practically bursting with organ music.

So I grabbed,

• E. Power Biggs/ J.S. Bach, Eight Little Preludes and Fugues/ Concerto in D Minor, After Vivaldi
  • Six Concerti for Two Organs by Antonio Soler, performed by E. Power Biggs and Daniel Pinkham
  • E. Power Biggs Plays Bach: The Four Great Toccatas and Fugues
  • Virgil Fox: Heavy Organ at Carnegie Hall
  • Glenn Gould: Bach, The Goldberg Variations

The Biggs/four toccatas and fugues was recorded on the four organs in the cathedral of Freiburg Germany and is a quad stereo recording with a seperate organ for each speaker so it should sound pretty neat once I get my rear surround hooked up and leat DPLII do it's thing.

The Glenn Gould is unopened and also of interest in that it was recorded digitally in 1981.

This organ music is really making me wish I had something that went a little lower then the Heresy's

They do sound good though.

Each LP was $0.80

Peace,

Josh

Yeah, you'll never be happy with those albums played thru your Heresys...that's why you need to send them down my way so both my RB-75s and dual Dayton subwoofers will really appreciate 'em![;)]

Seriously, great find! I have all but the Gould/Goldberg LP (I do have Gould's organ performance of Bach's Art of Fugue LP which is really spectacular). Glad you're enjoying this new-to-you music, Invidiosulus, especially at those prices.

Just put on the Goldberg Variations sit back, close your eyes, breathe the air.

Yeh. put them on the Scalas.

And try to ignore Glenn' sing along...

A truly excellent find. I have all of these. The Freiburg quad does decode nicely on DPLII. I am also very fond of the Soler. He is even better on real Spanish organs with their Royal State Trumpets, but not easy to find.

Dave