Need Help!!!

signGUY

Sorry guys, I posted my question on a wrong spot. I am building a home theater system and the room is about 600sq/ft. I just bought a nice TV however the sound is no good so I was checking Bose Systems, but I know Klipsch builds fantastic sound machines as well and seems like you guys know your systems.... Help me out with this project... What should I look for? I am a newbee and as you can tell I need some education...

Thanks

Ed

Sorry guys, I posted my question on a wrong spot. I am building a home theater system and the room is about 600sq/ft. I just bought a nice TV however the sound is no good so I was checking Bose Systems, but I know Klipsch builds fantastic sound machines as well and seems like you guys know your systems.... Help me out with this project... What should I look for? I am a newbee and as you can tell I need some education...

Thanks

Ed

Dude , get yourself one of those Bose 3-2-1 systems and never look back ! Don't bother with the regular Bose Lifestyle System , the circles of audio are much smaller . Trust me ...

I believe sbw forgot to turn on the sarcasm indicator [:D]

If you could give us a budget, and some guidance along the lines of what speaker types (in-wall, floor-standing) and room layout considerations we need to be mindful of (size of TV, architectural constraints, etc...), that would help.

SignGUY, I saw your other post with your given budget of $5000. With that I would start to look at the RF62 package. Depending on your dealer you should be able to get a decent discount if you purchase the complete set. I would think 15-20% would be reasonable. That would leave roughly 2500 for a receiver and some sort of BD player. Personally, for a receiver I like the Denon 3808. Denon is getting set to release a new model, the 2809, which on paper looks to be a pretty good contender. The only downside to the the Denon, IMO is the remote. You may want to consider a nice aftermarket universal remote to control EVERYTHING.

For your connecting cables, use a online retailer such as bluejeans cable. They are much cheaper and just as good.

Also for your subwoofer, it is not critical that you stay with the Klipsch brand. A lot of people will tell you that there are better out there for the price. These people are big on SVS, HSU. You may want to check out the subwoofer thread for some other options. I have the RW12D, and am pleased with its performance.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rf-62-home-theater-system.aspx

The RF-62 pkg would be a good choice...but there are a few other options as well

I like the Denon 3808 (I have an older version) and I have a Pioneer Elite that does a great job... but I really wish that I would have gotten an Outlaw Audio 990 processor/7700amp.....It doesn't have HDMI, but man what awesome sound

they also have a 7.1 HT reciever that is wow....for about $900 that you could add per channel power amps in the future if budget gets in the way.

All I can really say is don't be impulsive at a big box store and really do your leg work...check out the Emotiva lounge...they're products have a great rep also (I haven't sampled them though)

You have lot's of options...there are plenty of us here that love the classic horn loaded sound of of the heritage series....and you can find vintage heresy II's to make a 7.1 system that sounds unreal...but you have to like these speakers....

Gee, for $5000. one guy, and $8000. for another guy .................... I'll Sell you my whole system for that cash, Cornwalls up front, 3 year old Heresy II's for the rear, Yamaha HT receiver, JBL sub, Sony es CD, Sony DVD, and a few other goodies (not the Scott)..... Come get it, no shipping !!!!!!

So...what kinda person are you? I know that is an abstract question...but do you like to get GREAT DEALS and have the time to wait or do you like to walk into a store and say you want great sound and have someone deliver the speakers, set them up, and hand you the remote? Somewhere between? If so where? Both are equal but it determines what I at least would recommend.

Start at the top and learn about the absolute highest end products (careful with rare botique type products). Matching the system components together is important. The source (disk player, etc.), reciever or processor/amp, and speakers should all be purchased to produce the type of sound that you enjoy best.

After reading many review/ratings, certain names and models will begin to stand out and repeat themselves to you.

What holds value in the secondary market can be very helpful in determining proven build quality, sound quality and customer service.

Learning how to "set-up" a system can truely optimize sound systems. Without it, your system may only sound good playing certain type recordings. With it, and patience, your system can sound great to you on almost all music and home theater recordings.

Room volume (future room volumes, too) and ideal placement are part of the set-up process. Digital room calibrators available in some recievers/processors can be very helpful. Subwoofers may require a more sophisticated room calibrator than available in a reciever/processor. Once the best digital calibrations are completed, complete the process by ear.

If you go with a reciever and possibly plan to buy separate amps later, look for "pre-amp outs" from the reciever to connect the amps. Matching the pre-amp voltage output from the reciever/processor to your amps input sensitivity is important. It helps assure optimal performance and rated wattage from the amps.

Both 5k and 7K can purchase nice systems.