It is a pretty day..I am going out to.....

Guest srobak

Very nice. Those are great cars - the older ones anyhow. I had a 78 that I bought as junk and restored a long time ago... it was a great car...

Posted Image

Did not really do anything "car" related other then jumped in my trusty ol' 2005 Saturn ION and drove up to Allentown, PA to see four prog/power metal bands play, including my very good friend's band - Odin's Court. The four bands I saw was Suspyre, Dark Empire, Odin's Court, and Cypher Seer (I was just listening to thier album as I am typing this - never even heard of these guys before, but now I am blown away at just how awesome these guys are!)

Was kinda funny that the vocalist from Suspyre darn near shat a brick when he found out that I came all the way up there from Virginia to see them play (there was supposed to be a show tonight at Jaxx, but it got cancelled, which would've only been 45 minutes away!)

The Odin's Court guys had me follow them back to Rick's place (the lead guistarist), and let me crash out with them! I then spent most of the morning and afternoon hanging out around his pool just shooting the breeze with them until I had to leave (which was still a solid 2 1/2 hours away).

Overall, it was a fun weekend and a really cool show to see some really cool bands. I guess I really love checking out and supporting the local heavy metal scene. A friggan crying shame that these extremely talanted bands can't seem to get any real break, yet we have to sit through all that banal crap that keeps getting shoveled out on the FM radio stations. No friggan wonder I long ago left the mainstream (wouldn't even know what the current Top 40 is right now anyway, plus I doubt I'd even care). But I digress.... So that was how I spent my weekend, and now back to work tommorrow.

I filled up a cooler with some ice & a couple of cokes... then fired up the International 886 with a 10' Rhino cutter behind it and started cutting fields...and fields....and more fields....

Then yesterday while cutting yet another field on the back side of the farm, I noticed a sudden cloud of mist.....

Darn thing blew a hose on the steering cylinder so every time I turned a certain way it blew out a cloud of misty hydraulic fluid...

So, I got to hobble home and then turn into a grease monkey as I removed the hose for replacement.

Also picked several gallons of blueberries

Also helped the wife shave one of the dogs

[&]