Which HT System-Spakers for new family room?

Doors

Hi,

I am adding a family room size of 23' x 9' 9". It will be connecte to the kitchen/dining room area with no walls in between so one big open space. Please see the attached png file. For TV I am looking at Pioneer Kuro Plasma 50" (depending on how much $ left after room addition). I already have Yamaha RXV3800 which might be overkill. It's brand new and never used but I did take it out of the box. Should I kee it or sell it?

For this size room what do you recommend in terms of spakser setup (5.1 or 7.1)? And which speakes or HTS do you recommend. The budget for it is $3k. Looking at MSRP of what Klipsch I just don't know what the diferences are between different models. I am totally new to spakers, A/V, HTS, etc.

Parrish

post-31971-13819399763504_thumb.png

post-31971-13819409918024_thumb.png

If you go to Klipsch's main page you can find an area that shows recommended systems in various price ranges.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/lists/floorstanding-systems.aspx

Of the ones shown, I would recommend the RF-82 system. Its a little over your $3k budget MSRP, but if you're buying that much equipment an authorized dealer will probably give you a nice discount.

5.1 works in almost all situations compared to 7.1.

Your Yamaha should work great with the RF-82 system.

Guest srobak

There are some authorized dealers who sell some RF-35 complete packages including sub on ebay for about $1500 to $2000. Maybe talk to them about upgrading the center to an RC-62, and then you should be set up quite nicely. I built out my system over a year ago with Sound Distributors and have been nothing short of elated with it.

I already have Yamaha RXV3800 which might be overkill. It's brand new and never used but I did take it out of the box. Should I kee it or sell it?

The better the source, the better your speakers will sound. Your receiver will be one thing that won't need upgrading for a long time.

Thank you everyone for responding. Your advice has helped me understand what I shoud do. I was thinking about in-ceiling speakers for two sourround soudn speakers. Is this a good idea? Would look clean no doubut but will it sound same?

I won't have a wall back of the sofa so I assume my options are in-ceiling or attach\hang from ceiling. What do you think?

Parrish

Well the other guys have you audio questions covered, but as far as the video goes, The Elite Kuro (penetrating black) in my opinion it top notch. It is always my go to tv if it is in budget. But I will tell you the Samsung plasmas are a close second for less $$.

Todd

Hi Todd,

Which Samsung Plasma do you recommend? Saumsun is my favortie LCD monitors for computer but I thought I splurge on Pioneer for HDTV. having said that it all depends on how much room addition ends up costing me. Then again, I know I am going to be over budget so whats few more zeros added to second mortage.

Parrish

For the Money, speaker wise you can't go wrong with the New WF 35 series...........best bang for the Buck in the Klipsch lineup. (too me).

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/wf-35.aspx

Not sure if I agree on that or not. WF-35 is a nice speaker, but the matching center is a bit on the small side. Comparing the dynamic capabilities of

a WF-35/ WC-24 to an RF-82/RC-62 setup is almost not fair with the Reference being a pretty substantial step up in capabilities. Icon-W is nice but Reference is still a better product. Also, if the OP decides on in-ceiling surrounds, there isn't a matching Icon surround available (yet), though I am sure it is coming. As for dealers...there are other good ones out there too! [H]