Best Home Cinema front projector I have EVER seen...(To date!! lol)

IndyKlipschFan

I'm curious, "Overly Sharp", How can a reproduction be sharper than real life? This makes no sense to me.

I cannot explain it unless you are with me looking at the tv. People that were standing next to me thought the same thing. They and I thought the pic looked extremely unatural because the sharpness was taken to the extreme. Think of the wrong saying " well if a little is good for you then a lot must be great for you." That is what it looks like to me Samsung decided that if a sharp picture is good then let's take it to the extreme.

For instance when you are in public somewhere and you are talking to someone across the table from you they are in focus but in the background you can see other people moving, talking but they are out of focus but you can see them in the background. Now imagine if everyone behind the person you are talking to is in focus and the person you are talking to is in focus.

Now with Pirates of the Car there was one part in the movie where people are talking in a very large room and in the background there were people walking past them. The people in the background were in focus and extremly sharp and detailed. I kept looking at the people in the background because I had the people in front in focus plus the people in back in focus and it bothered the he!! out of me. This happened thru out the movie.

I think this has more to do with the options on tvs than blue ray.

To me it makes everything on the picture in focus, detailed, and sharp to extreme but our eyes do not see things that way. We either focus on something close or far away or take in the whole viewing area like when looking at the Grand Canyon.

While I am writing this the screen is in focus and the wall and light behind the screen is out of focus. I can see the wall and light but it is out of focus. If I focus on the wall and light the screen goes out of focus.

Now today I saw a Sony 40 inch LCD with blue ray playing a demo BR disc and it looked outstanding!!

Like I said I would have to be with you in front of the tv to show you.

I would not use it as a feature on any tv I might buy but for anyone who likes it enjoy.[:D]

Some people like it some don't to each their own.

It is always good to have a choice for tv options like having a choice of Klipsch speakers.

I'm curious, "Overly Sharp",  How can a reproduction be sharper than real life?  This makes no sense to  me.

I cannot explain it unless you are with me looking at the tv.  People that were standing next to me thought the same thing.  They and I thought the pic looked extremely unatural because the sharpness was taken to the extreme.  Think of the wrong saying " well if a little is good for you then a lot must be great for you."  That is what it looks like to me Samsung decided that if a sharp picture is good then let's take it to the extreme. 

For instance when you are in public somewhere and you are talking to someone across the table from you they are in focus but in the background you can see other people moving, talking but they are out of focus but you can see them in the background.  Now imagine if everyone behind the person you are talking to is in focus and the person you are talking to is in focus.  

Now with Pirates of the Car there was one part in the movie where people are talking in a very large room and in the background there were people walking past them.  The people in the background were in focus and extremly sharp and detailed.  I kept looking at the people in the background because I had the people in front in focus plus the people in back in focus and it bothered the he!! out of me.  This happened thru out the movie.   

I think this has more to do with the options on tvs than blue ray. 

To me it makes everything on the picture in focus, detailed, and sharp to extreme but our eyes do not see things that way.  We either focus on something close or far away or take in the whole viewing area like when looking at the Grand Canyon.

While I am writing this the screen is in focus and the wall and light behind the screen is out of focus.  I can see the wall and light but it is out of focus.  If I focus on the wall and light the screen goes out of focus.  

Now today I saw a Sony 40 inch LCD with blue ray playing a demo BR disc and it looked outstanding!!

Like I said I would have to be with you in front of the tv to show you.   

I know exactly what you are talking about...the "overly sharp" picture makes objects look like they are cut out and pasted back on......I see this all the time on stills when using photoshop...you overly sharpen a pic and the print looks very unnatural....the transitions are ridged, not soft as in real life....and the contrast is to harsh......

All of those optical engineers spending billions to expand the depth of field and all they get is complain, complain, complain.

JJK

hahahahahahaha

Something about those older black n white movies with make up and great lighting effects creating soft lenses has been lost!

Trust me, without going into it too much..LOL... Some things on a 106" screen, are way too big and not quite as pretty up close! hahahaha

Agreed. Those pictures look way to sharp for me. Your eyes are naturally a little blurry, especially since not everything you're looking at at any given moment is in focus, so the fact that every edge in POTC is razor sharp REALLY bothers me. Plus the movement of the people seemed jumpy and very unnatural. Not something I plan on upgrading to...

I just had a chance to look at some Sony and Samsung models running 1080p/120hz. They were showing the BD for Spider Man 3 and some previews from the upcoming Hancock BD. Absolutely freaking scary, in a good way. Motion was much more natural (that's the whole point of 120hz) and the images were as realistic as anything I've ever seen.

When I can get a 1080p projector with 5ms or less lag (gaming), better than 10k:1 contrast, 120hz refresh, good color performance, and low fan noise, I'll be upgrading!

The best HT projector I ever saw was my friend's in his basement with two 35 mm projectors and one 16mm projector, all with Cinemascope lenses that he bought at auction from the local movie theatre. He also had some of the seats plus a ton of 35mm cans of older discarded movies. Many cans per movie which if you have physical problems you have to hire somebody to pick them up. The 35mm scope lens you would not want to drop on your footsie.

JJK