Hey Everyone..It's the 50th Anniversary of the Bossa Nova!

fenderbender

So all you cool swinging cats out there...dust off your Stan Getz lps, and

Everybody ....do the Bossa Nova!!!!!

kinda interesting..Stan Getz really was one of the driving forces behind bringing the Brazilian influence into main stream jazz during the Hard Bop era late 50's early 60'.

I think the first hit song was Desficionades (sp?)

anyway I likes it......Even though I'm kinda shaky on the details ....any input would be valued as I love to knows the whats, wheres and whys of things......

Getz and Gilberto is always in the rotation to be played during dinner. One of the most romantic jazz albums of all time. Tough to sing along in Portuguese though! I saw Stan Getz open for Benny Goodman at Carnegie Hall during the Newport jazz festival, now THAT's a double bill.

Remember the hit, "Blame It On The Bossa Nova" by Eydie Gorme (1963)? What a great dance; you can blame everything on the Bossa Nova: Dang gas prices!  LOL

WOW thats a flashback....my parents had that album.....but the album that I remember most my father owning was Herb Alberts "Whipped cream and other Delights ".....yep I was a little perv[6]