B-52s Rock

rplace

I ran the Rock n Roll 1/2 marathon last weekend. Live bands every mile along the race and lots of fun. The B-52s were the headlining concert that night and free admission with your running number. I was quite shocked at both how good the sound was for an outdoor concert on the beach and how GREAT they were in both performance and entertainment. 25K people or so all grooving to the old and new tunes. The two girls can still hit the high notes after all this time, the durms/guitars were spot on and Fred...well he is still as crazy and funny as ever. I really had a great time. If they are coming to your town this summer/fall be sure and check them out.

I wore my heavy Ramones black cotton T-shrit just because it was the RnR 1/2 marathon. Got some thumbs up from the bands on the course and a few yells from the crowd...but it was very hot and humid. I sure would have liked a light weight running shirt with the Ramones logo over the t-shrit.

RichRamonesRunning1.JPG

RichRamonesRunning2.JPG

RichRamonesRunning3.JPG

Frzn, you would have love the encore. A ripping 15 minute version of Planet Clair (killer vocals), one of my all time favs, right into Rock Lobster. I have never understood then Gen. Pop's obsession with Love Shack as there are so many better songs they do. I have heard a few cuts of Funplex on the radio and they played some live. I think I will have to pick it up.

There double CD anthology is awesome because the songs are in album release sequence throughout both discs with a live version of Quiche Lorraine. One of my newer favorites is She Brakes for Rainbows and I love the extended mixes of the original songs. Never really cared for Love Shack either I like Channel Z from the same album if I recall correctly. Funplex is OK better than other releases.

I'm with Seti - Mesopotamia is it for me!

Saw them open for a Hockey game a couple years ago, they were great

That one was produced by David Byrne. If you really like that album there is an ultra rare German release of Mesopotamia. I've only seen it on casstte. It has the coolest mix of loveland and a bonus song but don't remember which one.