Klipsch Palladium at Georgia Home Theater Oct. 28

jwc

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ryan, I don't intend to speak on behalf of JC but...having been to the store and talked to the manager about this event, I think he's of the mindset "the more the merrier"

There is plenty of space at the store, numerous listening rooms (though only one setup with the Palladiums when I was there, although I think he said they might make a change for this event)

I'd suggest you plan to go if you'd like...as i'd expect JC to concur with my thoughts above (and if JC doesn't get back here soon enough, I wanted you to have some idea of what was going on)

Oh...do me a favor... take some Marie Osmond & play Paper Roses.... in my absentee honor...

[A] [;)]

Ryan,

As what Coytee said.....more the merrier. There will be two rooms with the Pall lineup. An HT room and a 2 channel room. All McIntosh electronics.

I am going to have a carpool leave about 5 pm.

If you PM me your phone number, I can call you Sunday night with a game plan.

In fact, anyone can PM me their phone number if they are truely intested in coming. I can call you Sunday with more details.

Thanks

jc

Here is a great article on the Wison placement method (definately worth reading):

http://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/waspe.html

The big thing to learn is gettimg the speakers far enough from the walls to avoid the first reflection. I set up a pair of 20 year old towers well away from the walls in a very poorly treated room (as in nothing on the walls) and they sounded fantastic.

All of that said, my speakers are about 8" from the walls because I need to live with them. Every once in a while I will pull them out about 3 or 4 feet for a week or so. Imaging gets deeper and better, but not night a day. I find that if I keep the equipment in a dedicated room I don't go in there often enough. In the living rom I use it several times a week.

On another note, if the Palladiums are set up with McIntosh equipment, someone please notice how much power the Palladiums are using. It shoudl be interesting as they are very efficient and probbaly present a much easier load than their competition.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running a full Paladium line on a full McIntosh system. Not much power is needed to drive these. Normal but loud levels only require about 50-100 watts of power. My mains are driven by 2 MAC-501's. To get the full power rating is VERY LOUD but clean. I run between 40-60% of the power and that is more than enough.

The event had the MC2301's which are 300 watt monoblock amps.

The P-39's sounded great. Someone asked about watts........

Well...we were cranking the pals at a decent "loud" volume. The meters peaked at 30 watts.

jc