OT Home Vacuum...best for a reasonable price???

SilverSport

Well I bought the Dyson last night after work...

Sunday I went out and looked at several stores and after finding for the first time in my life (that I can recall) Sears was not offering any premium if you use their card or for a closeout they had on the Dyson Full Kit (their version of basically the "animal") and I found the Dyson DC17 Absolute - Asthma and Allergy on closeout at Target...I still looked for a better deal...

Since all Dysons within the design version are the same save for some attachments, I ended up with the newer style (no ball...too wobbly) DC17 Absolute with a few extra tools. I picked this up and then saved another 10% by opening their charge card ...didn't have to hope the online retailer was for real...didn't have to wonder if UPS/DHL/FedEx would smash it during delivery...and if anything goes wrong, I have the 5 year warranty and a local store to deal with...nice price I thought for a brand new, factory sealed and warranteed unit for the refurb price...and I ended up where I started looking (storewise)

Thanks for all the help...now I only have to figure out how all this stuff works myself since Dyson figures we are all rocket scientists and don't need an owner's manual that shows how all the hidden stuff operates...[;)]

I was surprised at how quiet this vacuum is compared to the Hoover it replaces...

Bill

Guest srobak

Dyson has the most impressive commercials.

Yeah, but they are not Bose.

Dyson is Da Bomb... get this. You will NOT be sorry. Just make sure your trash can is empty, cause it will pull stuff out from the basement when you are on the 3rd floor.

I bought a Eureeka Boss Smart Vac a couple of weeks ago at Wal Mart for $140 and couldn't be happier . " With the vac that is ."

My last 2 vacs were Kenmore's and were terrible . Poor performance and barely picked up anything . This Eureeka however is a beast . It claims to outperform a Dyson by 60% . Having never owned a Dyson I have no idea how true that claim is . But I tell you what , I have low pile carpet and a cat . It picks up the shedded claws like nothing and all the misselaneous Christmas tree needles from many years past !

I will say one thing though , this is a man's vac . It's heavy , noisy and the brush will pull you across the room ! Tim Allen would love it !!!

Hoover Sucks

And that's a good thing, we have a few and they work great. Think we have one of those Kenmores too. We use the Consumer Reports recommendations. Kirbys. Wow, my very first real job (I think) in High School was selling Kirbys!

I think my step mother wanted to be buried with hers.