yamaha or M&K for sub?

onemike

Hello!

It´s time for a subwoofer change and I´ve been looking towards the Yamaha YST-SW800 and the ultra small K-9 sub from M&K which measures 10X13X10 and 21 lbs. Anyone outthere who owns one of these and play them together with other Klipsch speakers, please feel free to put your $0.02 in. Where do they work best, in music, home theater or both? Thanks! Mike

I have not heard either of these subs so I really can't comment on them. I will say the subs that regularly come up in discussions are SVS, Velodine etc.. The Paradigm PW2200 is hard (impossible) to beat for the money (great for HT and music). Try posting your question in the "Powered Subs" forum. Plently of knowledgeable people there.

Regards,

Stu

Can't comment on the Yamaha but I have heard the K9. It's a great little sub. It's very tight and very fast, but what else do you expect from an 8" sub? Smile.gif I find it's works great for both movies and music. However the only downside of the sub is it's lower extension. It can't play anything below 30 Hz. Its lack of ability to play lower frequencies is what made me decide not to get it.

I did answer your question in the Subwoofer section of this BB.

Go check it out.

You have KLF20's right? Then the K9 is not a choice I would even consider.It has amost no output below 30Hz where the KLF cut off.

The Yamaha is a better choice but I would only consider it if Forrest was pointing a Magnum or Beretta at me and talking about how Sunflowers are evil. LOL

I say SVS CS Plus eats both the Paradigm 2200 and competition.Output galore,king of deep and powerto spare.Close to Ultra(AWESOME is the word here).

The Paradigm 2200 is a good second,great deep bass and low price.

TheEAR(s) Now theears