Special Speaker wire best for Lascalas?

Seethemusic

Guest David H

I have heard the difference in wire, however I can't say one is better than the other. Wires can be used to tune the sound some have better bass, others more detail.

What I can say is the TNT Audio Tripple T looks really cool sounds good and is alot of fun to make. Uses cat 5 E wire.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/triple_t_e.html

Other than that I use large 4 conductor BiWire available at parts express. Looks and sounds good.

Monster cable - good

Lamp cord - good

post-24405-13819418844284_thumb.jpg

Guest David H

There is alot of fraud out there. BTW, if you need really good wire and some swamp land sent me a pm.

Swamp land in Victorville? Come on now. Nothing but dry dirt.

Aparently you've not driven through Hesperia after a good rain. BTW, I think your post may have hurt my chances at making a few good sales. No PM's since your post. Well none before either but I'm sure someone was procrastinating.

There is alot of fraud out there. BTW, if you need really good wire and some swamp land sent me a pm.

Swamp land in Victorville? Come on now. Nothing but dry dirt.

Aparently you've not driven through Hesperia after a good rain. BTW, I think your post may have hurt my chances at making a few good sales. No PM's since your post. Well none before either but I'm sure someone was procrastinating.

True. I live in Las Vegas and the rain just runs off and sometimes floods. No real swamps. Really hard to support life out here.

My guess is that any swampland is worth as much as any of the other land that the speculators drove up and has now crashed.

Interesting article on TNT by the way. Have you tried it? I have Kimber 4PR that I got in 1983 (that is not a typo - left over roll from a nightclub install that Ray Kimber was doing back then). It works and sounds good so I have not changed it. A friend lent me about $10,000 worth of MIT cables for a few months. They actualy made my system sound harsh, so I am sticking with the Kimbers.

Guest David H

Yes, I have tried the TNT, in fact I built them for a freind with LaScala's. He loves them. Most of the cat5 cables I have built sound good, speaker and interconnects. I tried some high end cables in the past ie, silver even tube shielded, and although they sounded different I never found any that were hands down best.

I typically run large copper.

I've found that the cabling in your system can make a huge difference, but in the end only your ears can tell you if it is worth it. Currently I am using Eichmann interconnects & speaker wire on my Altec 19's & that smoothed them out no end & gave much more detail throughout the whole range. Also a power conditioner which gave a much cleaner background & more detailed bass. You have to do a lot of experimenting to find out what works best with your system components, so find a dealer who will let you try any cables before you buy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

If it is possible, try DNM Reson. These are solid core cables, and some say they are among the best for high sensivity speakers. Actually, some friends of mine who have had a number of this type of loudspeakers (Klipsch, Lowther, Rehdeko) say they are the best, especially given their price.

It's not that they excell just in some areas: they simply do to the sound the same thing loudspeakers such as Klipsches do: open it up and make it more direct, open, dynamic and ... fun. All the way from the bass through the treble.

But don't take my word for it. Give it a try if you can :)

As a general rule, bigger wire is better. At least 14 gauge is usually recommended and 12 gauge is popular. As for audible differences, it usually takes a change of two sizes (18 awg to 14 awg, for example) to be obviously noticeable.