Can someone tell me......

runninshine

Does anyone know if this link http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=4747107&cat=494&lpid= is a good deal? I have emailed this guy and he says these are the best sounding khorns ever(which ive never heard) Im just not sure why he would do all these "upgrades" just to turn around and sell them.

The first 3 pictures and the last pictures are photos from ALKENG website of his Belle's in which AL installed his extreme slope exover and his trackhorns.

So I'm not seeing khorns...Im seeing Belle's.

If you notice there are no pics of the Khorns he is selling...he states the ones that are ready to go are flat black.... The pics are of ALK's/JBL horns . and ALK networks installed on a WO not a flat black....Are those what you would be getting and would they be new ...if not who did the work on them? Again why no pics of the actual khorns???

Something smells fishy to me, I have ALK x slope networks that run close to $2k alone....I don't see someone rebuilding a pair and adding those to sell...doesn't add up.

I would request several pics from every angle of the actual pair he is selling, A list with serial numbers of the actual drivers and crossovers that are being supplied and close up pics of said items showing the numbers.....

the last pic is off a klipsh site and is of a belle not a KHorn.....How do you know if the cabinets are real or clones? The tolerances must be exact for the folded horn to work.

$3300 is pricy for a stock set of mintish Khorns in todays market....you can get a real bargain if you look around.......If those are New ALK networks...blah blah they may indeed be a good deal, but I would not but them sight unseen and unheard...

Personally I'd rather get a bone stock set in good cosmetic condition and slowly do some upgrades if and when they are needed

Buyer beware!!!!!