center for my KG 5.5

flaming eye

I need help on picking a center channel speaker that will match up good with my KG 5.5 main`s I was looking at the RC 7 but don`t no if it will voice well with the KG`s I also was thinking maybe the KLF-C 7 so what do you all think would best match the KG`s or are there others I`m not thinking of , I no another 5.5 would be best but don`t have the room so any help would be appreciated , thank`s in advance

Well I called klipsch & I said I could get ether the KV 3 or the KV 4 & they told me that the KV 4 would be the better match for the KG 5.5 so I figured they should know so I took there advice & got the 4 so we shall see, I hope they gave me the right advice. I will let you no how well it matches up in any event I got it for a good price so if need be I can re-sell it an get the 3 but I hope that is not the case

I would imagine that the KV4 would be a better match since it has a tractrix horn for the tweeter instead of the exponential horn that the KV3 has.

KV4 http://www.klipsch.com/images/2022/400x400.aspx

KV3 http://www.klipsch.com/images/565/400x400.aspx

Also 99dB sensitivity rating for the KV4 instead of 95dB on the KV3. Might not sound like much on paper but huge to your ears.

Yes I could but then the tweeter would be 2 feet down from the mains to keep it out of the screen`s view & I don`t think that would be optimal , I will just have to see when it gets hear , there is only 4 of us usually so I really don`t need a wide dispersion. I can maybe get another one if need be that`s what I`m doing now thou it`s not a good match but it work`s for now.

I really wish I could just put another KG 5.5 there

• 2 weeks later...

I received my KV 4 today & let my tell you this guy can pack, it took me 20 minuets to get that thing out of the box ,well it look`s better then he described , it sound`s awesome too, I havn`t don any extended serious listening yet but so far it matches really well with my main`s ( KG 5.5 )

After I get some time with the kv 4 I will let you all no how well it sound`s & matches up.

Noah thank you so much !!!!

• 11 months later...

Now with some time with the KV4 are you still satisfied? I have KG 5.5s as well and am considering a center channel KV2, KV3 or KV4.

I currently have a KG 2.5V center but set up for 5.1 yet. Setting up new 5.1 surround in basement and enjoy the KG 5.5 so much I want to incorporate them in new room.

Sorry for not posting sooner on the KV-4 it`s been a bad year for me thank goodness it`s almost over !!! I have been listening to the KV-4 with my KG 5.5`s for a year now and the KV-4 matches seamlessly with my KG 5.5`s , When 5.1 music or movies pan left - center -right it flows so smoothly you can`t even tell it`s moving from speaker to speaker I couldn`t of picked a better center other then another KG 5.5 , if anyone is looking for a center for there KG 5.5`s I say get the KV-4 if you can , it`s pretty big for a center HxWxD 10.5 X 271/4 x 9 , but well worth it though IMHO