Need help choosing a center!! KLF 20 Mains

demi klf

Hey guys,

CHeck my sig for my current setup.

I always feel like my center is so quiet compared to my mains. I seem to always have to turn up the volume to hear dialogue but then turn down the volume during explosive scenes etc because my house shakes and the misses gets pissed off.

So, right now I'm using a KG 2.5 as my center and KLF 20's for my mains. I'm having a hard time finding a KLF C7 to match my mains. No one seems to want to ship the center to me....

I have a local klipsch dealer but they only carry the new products eg.. RC-64 or RC-62

Would the RC-64 or RC-62 work well with my current setup? I know it wouldn't be a perfect match but I'm guessing that either of the two would be much better than my KG 2.5... I'm leaning toward the RC-64, something about 4 drivers that gets me going.

IS there anyone on this forum using KLF 10,20, or 30's with the RC-64 center?

Any opinion would be greatly appreciated, whenever I ask the guys at my audio shop I just keep thinking they just want to push new product on me....

Thanks All

Any opinion would be greatly appreciated, whenever I ask the guys at my audio shop I just keep thinking they just want to push new product on me....

Well, since they don't carry the discontinued KLF-C7 that's the match for your 20s what did you expect them to do? [:D]

I would highly discourage you from buying any RC series center. The timbre will be completely different between the speakers and not a good match at all.

Aren't you able to simply raise the center speaker output level on your receiver to match the KLF output?

You could probably get away with a KV4 or even an Academy. I would think either of those would be a closer match than the current RC series.

And if push came to shove, it isn't 100% necessary to have a center speaker. Klipsch speakers image so well that when properly set up a two speaker front setup can appear to have a center speaker because of the pinpoint accurate imaging they have. Its a much better to choice to have no center speaker than one that is completely mis-matched to the front mains.

I used a KV-2 for a looooong time with my KLF-20's, and though it was a good match until I heard it with the C7 - no comparison.

I'm actually undertaking a little project to match the C7 even better to the KLF-20/30's, but I want to get some results before I talk much about it.

The C7 is by far the best choice and if you have the patience that might be the right avenue for you. Perhaps running without a main until the C7 comes available. They are out here and some in outstanding condition. After looking for nearly 7 months I literally stumbled accross one, and when I received it, was astonished that it was literally like new condition. Some folks really take care of their stuff and when they decide to upgrade, it is great for the rest of us.

Patience young grasshopper.

YAY!!!

I just pulled the trigger and won the auction on ebay for the medium oak Klf C7!!!

Only problem is that the rest of my speakers are black satin....

oh well, at least the medium oak finish matches my av cabinet/credenza that the speaker will sit on anyway.

thanks for all the replies

YAY!!!

I just pulled the trigger and won the auction on ebay for the medium oak Klf C7!!!

Only problem is that the rest of my speakers are black satin....

oh well, at least the medium oak finish matches my av cabinet/credenza that the speaker will sit on anyway.

thanks for all the replies

wanna trade? My stuff is the other way around! [:D]