Subwoofer Question !?!

Phil_ottawa

Hi Guys,

First time on this forum site and I must say you guys are a good bunch of "Guru's" and hope you can help. I have just purchased the a speaker system and now looking for a sub and maybe 2. I like to feel the bass when watching movies. I assume in order to help me you will need the speaker models. Here they are... Fronts = RF-63 Center = RC-64 Rears = RB-61 and for the Surrounds = 2x RS-62 "The bum's didn't sell them in Pairs"

My question is; would it be better to buy 1 or 2 subs. I am looking at Rw-12d x2 or one RSW-10D. I am not really interrested in the RT models as the sub will not be in corner of the room.

Please help and thanks in advance, also did I make a smart purchase of the RF-63's or should have I bought the RF-83's ?

Phil

Well, for one thing don't skimp out on the sub. Your speakers are able to be driven to incredibly high SPL levels and you want to have a subwoofer that can keep up with them. I don't think the RSW-10d will be able to do that. The RT sub isn't all about being in a corner although it is designed to take advantage of the gain that results from corner placement. It is a much more capable sub that can play deeper and louder, something that is required given your other speakers.

Out of curiosity, where do you plan on putting your sub in your room?

Please help and thanks in advance, also did I make a smart purchase of the RF-63's or should have I bought the RF-83's ?

Buyer's remorse already? [:o][;)]

As far as dual or single subs, I would probably go with the two RSW-12's in this case - especially if you like it loud. However, I did want to mention that the RT series does not require corner placement. Any corner loading benefits it might have will be the same for every subwoofer you buy. I've not heard the RT-10d, but a single RT-12d (even in the middle of your room) is going to out thump the alternatives mentioned so far.

did I make a smart purchase of the RF-63's or should have I bought the RF-83's ?

On this forum, the usual thinking is if you have more money, buy more speaker. The 63s should be good, the 83s should be better. The ones you can afford are the right ones.

Well, welcome to the forum and Klipsch! As already stated, make sure you get a sub that can hang with the rest of your system. You don't want your mains to be able to play at let's say 10, and your sub start distorting at 7; [N]know what I mean? let us know what you end up getting!!!