Which speaker choice???

roaddog359

Your right! You think the 83s up front and 63s at the rear would sound incredible? What could a better sub do for the system? I need to find someone that knows how to calibrate this receiver and speakers. It does have a mic for auto calibration but I want to make sure its set right. Someone suggested 2 subs what would I do Y them together? ANd do I place it in the other front corner? I am sure the rc 64 will be a big improvement over the Bose center speaker!!!! The center may be here by friday but I may wait til xmas to open everrything as this will be my presents from the wife and kids. But the wait will kill me!!!!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

You think the 83s up front and 63s at the rear would sound incredible?

They would sound mediocre I guess. [:D]

If you get two subs, use a "Y" splitter from the sub out on your receiver. Each sub has their own amp so you don't have to worry about them pulling power from your receiver. I usually do not put subs in a corner, tends to be too boomy. I would place them at 1/3 intervals between your center channel and your main speakers.

Even if you wait to open them till Christmas, it will be well worth the wait.

That was where klipsch recommends it place in a corner. Isnt that what you want "boomy" or is the base to harsh by placing it near a corner I have this one about 1ft of the corner each was right now. I may have to move it and give that a listen. I am still trying to set the sub up correctly. Not sure about the 0 or 180 switch.

• Moderators

Dolby shows the sub in the 1/3 placement.

THX shows the sub in the center of the wall.

Will you get more bass by placing it in the corners? Yes. But to me it is exagerated bass. I want bass that thumps but is clear, tight and smoothe, not reinforced by the corner walls. Just my personal preference. Best thing to do is try different placements to see what sounds best to you. You do not have to please me nor anyone else. So let your ears be the judge.

If I end up getting the rf 83 and place them up front where should I put the rf 63's in the rear or sides for 7.1? Or would it be better to use the klipsch surround speakers for the sides and back. Is there any benefit to using the 63s in the sides or rear? Or are they betterr suited to be fronts only? Will the 63's sound better than the RS 62's? Or vise versa? They both would cost me the same, just wondering which one would sound better in the back or side of a 7.1 system.

• Moderators

If I end up getting the rf 83 and place them up front where should I put the rf 63's

In my theater room. [:P] I really don't know. It is often suggested to use wide dispersion speakers (like the RS series) for the sides and direct firing (like the RB or RF series) for the rears.

Hey do yourself a big favor. Give those spanking brand new beautiful cherry RF-63's a chance to impress you as your main speakers. Don't discount them on account of others opinions(even though on this forum there are experts). Be very objective after you set them up properly and give a good listen. Only your ears can decide what sounds good. I would suggest for now, save your money and hold off on the 83's and use that money saved to buy a good sub and maybe a multichannel amp. Then decide if your system is lacking.

Bill

Normally I would say you are right, however Klipsch is not making any more rf speakers in cherry and if I want a match I would have to start looking soon as they will be in limited suppy in the future. I will see how the 63s do but if i can get another good deal on 83s like I did the 63s I would likely get them as long as I can still use the 63s in my system. So I was just wanting to know if they will work good in the back half of a 5.1 or 7.1 or do I just use surround speakers only?

Yea, I wont I need the expert advise from you guys, as I know little about setting the system up. I am still looking for rf 83 cherry if I find a good buy on they I will use the 83's up font and the 63's in the rear. How do you think this set up will sound and will the sub 12 work ok? I am hoping for a great improvement over the bose. I hope it was money well spent zthat rc 64 is huge and heavy 63 lbs!!!!! Heavier than I would want to put on a wall shelf, so I may try to place it on top the tv somehow. Are these 63's and rc64 going to sound great and rock the house??????????? Let me know what you think!!!!!

I am hoping for a great improvement over the bose.

Uhhhhhhhhhh, are you being serious???[*-)]

• Moderators

To be honest, that isn't very logical to me. A Klipsch dealer purchases a pair of cherry and a pair of black speakers at the same price. Klipsch announces they are no longer making cherry finishes. How would that effect price from a dealer? What does make sense is that Vanns only had one speaker in cherry thus it would be difficult to sell by itself unless it was discounted. I could be wrong but I would like to hear from someone at Klipsch before I take this as fact. By no means am I insinuating that you are lying, I would just like some clarification from Klipsch first hand.

You dont have to believe me after all you dont even know me, here is the reply from a Klipsch rep. Maybe this will help make you a believer.

Hi John --fellow Hoosier! --

Yes,
the cherry finishes are being discontinued. You can probably find some
good deals through our online partners like Vanns.com or Onecall.com,
or Ovation likely has them here locally.

Let me know if you have additional questions!

--Amy

Amy Unger
Forum Administrator
amy.unger@klipsch.com
I take a random photo at Klipsch every day

Visit us on Flickr and Twitter!

• Moderators

Like I said, it is not a distrust in you, I wasn't sure of your source. I didn't know if you spoke to a Best Buy employee who made an assumption or heard some crazy rumor and proclaimed it as truth. Amy knows what she is talking about so now I believe. LOL.

Wonder why they are discontinuing the cherry finishes? To me, they are a beautiful finish. Oh well. Thx for sharing the email. That clarifies it.

Well I got the RC 64 today and man is it heavy! I took a peak at it but have not had time to remove it from the box yet, as i said before its part of christmas gift. But I see my problem already, the thing weighs 63 lbs and is like 13.5" deep I have to wall mount this beast. I thought about a mantle shelf like for a fireplace. Using a 5' length shelf since the speaker is almost 3' but they are only about 8" deep, I can work around that and mount a wider board on top but I am trying to figure out how to mount it to the wall studs without seeing the screws, bolts or mounting hardware. Anyone have some ideas. It has to be strong enough to hold the speaker and shelf.