Timbre match?

Wishbone

Hi,As you know i am new since 6/2008,I have a Timbre ?My system consists of 2 Forte II's (front),same in rear.I am using a (forte 1)for front.It is sitting on a 2 shelf entertainment center 48 wide x 23 highx 23 depth.On top of the forte 1 i have a Pioneer 50' Plasma.It sounds great,but i think i would like tv lower.I thought about a (rc62) that they had at Tweeter store that is closing this sunday 60% off.? about Timbre i have been reading on forum. (Sorry if not in right forum area).

• Moderators

I would not mix the RC62 with the rest, not even close with a timbre match, I do have a question though, do you have the other Forte 1?

The only reason I asked is I would use a third Fll for the center and the Fl's for the rears.

Do you sit close to the TV, because what you described the TV is only 39.5" off the ground, don't seem to high unless you sit close ?

Very close to what I use, three Fll's for front, Fl's for rear L&R and the other Fll for rear center.

Dtel has more fortes per square foot than any other Forum member. Sage advice my friend. At least keep that all forte- front wall- that is awesome.

I, too vote for the higher TV position. I've found that leaning back in my recliner that I prefer my 42" monitor a bit higher than I was used to with my old 35" set.

Hey bro,

You would really regret the RC-62 with your Fortes. Properly set up the RC-62 is a superb center speaker. But, if you mix it with your Fortes the difference in sound will stick out like a sore thumb. If you really want the RC-62 you'd want to think about selling your Fortes and replacing them with RF-62s or RF-82s. That's not something I'd personally recommend, especially since I'm partial to the Forte II sound (I had a pair of RF-7s and after doing a side-by-side A/B comparison I preferred the sound of the Fortes over the RF-7s).

I have a set of Quartets that have been retrofitted with a forte II crossover and tweeter that are sitting upstairs that I might let you borrow one if you want. I am using a quartet with those same components, that I ALSO had the cabinet modified to tip the horns 90 degrees (my brother in-law has its twin) with 4 Forte II. I live on the CT river coast. Email me if you want.
Jim

Hey mark,Lost your e-mail address.In regards to my system.I have the tv on Forte I,it is on it's side with bottom removed,so that it looks better.One reader (capo72)ask if i had another Forte' I.I do not.I have (4 Forte' 2's) & (1 Forte' I).I have a qustion though?Do you think it would sound better with 3 Forte' II's across the front?Then the mix/match for rear?Also i thank all for there input,I can;t get back to forum,as soon as i'd like.i have to get 3 teens off,then my wife & i have a chance.

• Moderators

" Do you think it would sound better with 3 Forte' II's across the front?Then the mix/match for rear? "

Yes, but I don't know if it would be worth finding another F ll, may not be that much of a difference ?