Internet vs local dealer

winchester21

I am in the process of buying rf83s RC64 and a yet to be determined sub. The last authorized dealer that I bought from "Tweeter" prompty went out of business after my klipsch/Sony purchases leaving me at no advantage over if I had bought off the net. I see places like 1080p people and High End Wholesale offering some killer deals on klipsch and other products on the net. I would like to do the right thing and buy from the local dealers. In general what kind of discount off retail can I expect to find from a dealer?? So far I have found about 25% whichis about 10-15% less than the internet guys. We also have a 7.5% sales tax that offsets shipping charges. I keep hearing warnings about "grey Market" components from internet vendors but I have yet to run into this issue nor have I talked to anyone who has. I am just getting back into buying audio stuff after a 8 years out of the loop. Any comments would be appreciated.

Same thing with me, I think that I got a 15%-20% off when I purchased "local". The thing about my "local' place is that it wasn't the nearest dealer just the most friendly place that I ever walked into.

Plus as long as you purchase from a authorized dealer you should have any problems with the warranty.

James

Also, Welcome to the forum...

Where are you located?

It can be hit or miss with the local guy's.....I found Hollywood Sound in Florida and it's a one man show....the owner is amazing and will let you audition for hours.......he set up 4 different carts on my turntable for me to audition and will give me free service for the life of it

depending on the Item he cuts me 10%-20% off internet prices....sooo if you can find a good shop like that it's well worth it to support , but I find that these are few and far between.....