best polish for the black veneer.

askbob1

i have tried a few of the different varieties of pledge. some have wax, and a couple do not. pledge actually made an aerosol for awhile that was called 'pledge wood and glass' that worked extremely well. of course, they no longer make it now and my can is empty now!! i have the rf-7's with the black woodgrain veneer. just wondering what everyone has had good luck with.

The RF7's are a lacquered ash. You may have to speak with folks at the hardware store, etc. But you would normally want to stay away from any polish, wax, etc. that contains hydrocarbon compounds (oils, etc.) because they will soften the lacquer and it will eventually come off. As far as a spray? I know it's not supposed to be a good idea, but I've used Pledge Clean & Shine on black lacquered Klipschorns for years and so far no bad things have happened. I do, however, wipe it down with a dry towel after applying it to remove as much of the "aromatic hydrocarbon compounds" that it does contain. There are other options suh as Meguire's automobile pastewax with carnauba. PIA to apply, but they will look very nice!! Carnauba will not detriorate the lacquer.