Thanks For Nuttin' Malibu and Vegas!

picky

Global warming my arse! LOL Just joking folks. Lower Michigan is in the midst of a potential blizzard this morning. It's the same storm that blanketed palm trees [ip] in Malibu Beach and Las Vegas with snow this week. LV's McCarran Airport reported a record 3.6 inches of snow yesterday and closed for a while.

Here in the Detroit area, we already had about 2 inches of the white stuff on the ground from a storm we received earlier this week. Currently, this storm began here around 4:30 am this morning with blowing, powder-like snow. We're at 25 degrees. Just south of here, it's a bit warmer and they are getting sleet and or freezing rain, the same stuff that unfortunately pelted Indiannapolis last night.

It's 7 am here and the wind is blowing the snow in sideways from the east (even though the storm is coming from the southwest) at a rate between 1 and 2 inches an hour. I expect we may see a whiteout sometime this morning. 10 to 12 inches is possible by 4 pm according to the NWS. We gassed the car up last night and the portable gas can. I also bought some extra 2-cycle oil for the snow blower because we're gonna need it several times today. Our eve heaters are going full tilt so hopefully we'll avoid those dreaded ice dams on the roof. Luckily, I am off on vacation as I must burn up the vacation days I did not use during the course of the year. So, this will be a good day to stay holed-up and catch up on my email. Between shovelings that is. LOL It could always be a lot worse and trust me; being a Michigander, I have seen much worse! Stay safe everyone! We're doing just fine. Look's like a white Christmas for sure around here! [:D] -Glenn

I will think of you guys when I go play hockey in the morning, but I'm in the same boat as Groom, it's in the high 70's here with a little morning fog.

Jim: There's ICE in Florida? I assume you didn't mean roller hockey. [;)] LOL -Just kiddin'. It's nice of you to think of us. Hockey rules!

By 1 pm I had been out shoveling twice today since 8:30 this morning. If I had to estimate snowfall thus far, I'd say close to 6 or 7 inches and the intensity seems to be diminishing. I've already burned through two tanks of fuel in the snow blower. I have a small place but I am also doing a couple of my neighbor's places who are a lot older than I am. I don't want anyone having any heart attacks out there and some of them have had heart attacks before. I gotta take good care of my peeps! LOL We've had steady snow and sleet since about 4:40 am this morning. The wind has been up-and-down too and that sleet really stings when it hits your face. Thank goodness for long johns and hooded parkas! We're doing just fine here. The only detriment is that our cable TV went out in the area. Funny that the phone and broadband still work and they both come from the cable, too. They're working to fix it. Almost time for a nice glass of Jim Beam and 7-Up! [:P] Snow days rule! LOL