Finially got my Rega P2 back from the shop...Record Cleaners

PhilMays

Took dang near a year from this guy, but it's back. Anyway, I have all my records and it look like I need a record cleaner. I've been online and looked at Nitty Gritty's. What is the fifference in the 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0?....I really only want to spend about $300 or so...if I get the lower end model, will I immedialy have a bout with upgradeitus?

TIA

Phil

What is the fifference in the 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0?....I really only want to spend about $300 or so...if I get the lower end model, will I immedialy have a bout with upgradeitus?

Here are the current "lowest" priced models: http://www.nittygrittyinc.com/1.5_2.5.htm. Rotation seems to be powered in all models, no manual. Mine is has manual fluid application (my powered fluid application stopped working years ago), which I'm fine with. No, I don't think you'll get upgrade-itis if that's what you choose.

The lowest price units are actually here

http://www.nittygrittyinc.com/1.0_2.0.htm

I had a 1.0 for some time. The basic difference is that you spin the records hand there is no tt motor. The higher priced units have a motor that turns the record. The manual operation is no big deal. I did however end up selling mine and buying a used VPI which does have a motor to spin the records while cleaning and I do like that better.

I would call Nitty Gritti and ask them if they have any"demos" or restocked units. I did and got what appeared to be a new machine for less then the posted price. Business being what it is these days I would think that would be worth a shot.

Josh

audioadvisor.com use to have NG machines made for Audioadvisor that look identical and sell for much less. I have the NG 1.0 and it does an adequate job with a strong vacumn and completely manual operation.

Now that you're a neighbor you can come on over and try mine before you buy.