Custom Audio Little Rock

seti

I walked in today and they had lots of Klipsch speakers around. I went to hear La Scala II's again but they recently sold them. Then the guy says they have a pair of Klipschorns hooked up. They are Walnut 2007 with a hefty discount for local pickup. The people there were vey helpful and nice. It was interesting hearing them talk about how the speaker market and Klipsch has changed from a dealers perspective. If your in central Arkansas drop in and give a listen if you have time. A good group of guys at Custom Audio.

I bought my first system from Custom Audio back in the day, 1975. As a poor college student, I selected Kenwood and Advent rather than Mac and Klipsch, but on most visits did some listening to the big boys in the listening room.

It is fabulous news that CA is commiting some floor space to Heritage speakers. I'm not sure how many years it's been since they've done that, but the time sans Heritage on the floor has been substantial.

Seti, I'd sure be interested to hear their take from the dealer's perspective.

I have not been there in the last 18 months however I was not impressed with what they had on the floor at that time.

I hadn't been in there in years. At one time this year they had both La Scala II's and the new Klipschorns but everything else was reference or some other skinny speakers. My last experience with them was years ago and was pretty bad but this one gave me hope. The walnut khorns were beautiful.

I was the one who bought the La Scala II's. I've had them about a month and love 'em. My take on CA is that they have some guys who are fairly knowledgeable but a bit behind in audio trends. Otherwise they have mostly been helpful to me and have treated me pretty good. Like many audio stores in this country, you need to already know something about what you are interested in before you walk in the door. At least they are not stuck up snobs like a lot of audio shops that have never heard Heritage speakers but bash them anyway.

I was in there just before thanksgiving this year. The only heritage they had was a set of klipschorns. They sounded great. He guy even tried to sell them to me for $5500 i believe. I just kinda snickered. If I had they kind of money to spend, it would be on Jubs not khorns.

I believe it is under different ownership now. I talked to the owner and then the manager/sales guy.

I had a great talk with the owner about some of the heritage speakers. The manager/sales guy did not inspire great conversation. I just remember him telling me that he likes the bass cranked up on the khorns because they sound too bright to him.The sales guy really did not have anything to inspiring to say about the older heritage speakers.

The last time I was in there was in.... about 2003 or 2004 I believe. That was when my dad bought a RC-7, 4 RS-7s and a Denon 3803 from them. They had quite a few more heritage speakers set up. They also had a B&W demo room set up with some nice McIntosh amps. The last visit was just very disappointing.

Daniel

I had a great talk with the owner about some of the heritage speakers. The manager/sales guy did not inspire great conversation. I just remember him telling me that he likes the bass cranked up on the khorns because they sound too bright to him.The sales guy really did not have anything to inspiring to say about the older heritage speakers.

What a loser! Or looser, as they say on the World Wide Web (www) [:D] [:)] [:P]

I bought my first system from Custom Audio back in the day, 1975....

I worked on Rodney Parham and bought my first and last major stereo system from Jerry in 1978. I also purchased the Advents and my roommate had the Heresies. ;-)

Small world, indeed. I did most all of my business in the NLR store, but our paths may well have crossed on occasion in the Rodney Parham store.

I bought my first CD player at the NLR store in 1984. I remember the little rack of CD's they had. They were all $18 to $20 each. I listened to my little collection of 7 or 8 CD's more than I listened to my collection of (I don't know how many LP's) and never really looked back.