Klipsch RC-64 - Damage picture page 3

KlipschHead281

KlipschHead281 I feel your pain!! I went through 3 RC64's during the holiday andUPS damaged 2 of them so the seller sent it by freight carrier and it came here ok. The Authorized online dealer I bought from was www.wwstereo.com They were great to deal with and the price was great too.

Youthman, you may want to check them out. I know they bought up the last of the RC64's in Cherry and they have them on sale for $599.99 So if you want Cherry you may waant to get one and delay the projector alittle. If you can save some cash and get exactly what you want, yoou may want to do it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Youthman, you may want to check them out. I know they bought up the last of the RC64's in Cherry and they have them on sale for $599.99 So if you want Cherry you may waant to get one and delay the projector alittle. If you can save some cash and get exactly what you want, yoou may want to do it.

I have the cash now but I would want to sell my RC-7 before committing to the RC-64.

Nah, I really want it but right now I'm saving up for my projector. The RC-7 is a fantastic speaker. It's more of a desire to match it to my RF-83's than it is sonically. It's a fabulous speaker. After the projector is purchased in February, my next buy will be an Emotiva amp, then RS-52 or RS-62's for side surrounds and THEN I'll buy the almighty RC-64 and sell my RC-7. Hopefully, there will be some of them still around that are new. I really would prefer cherry, but since it will be behind a front wall and above my projection screen, no one will really ever see it so color wouldn't really matter at that point. Then I'll have a complete RF-83 system.

don't wait!

Hi, New here, just curious to where you purchased rc64 at? I'm about to purchase rf82-rc62-rs42 rw-12d from an online dealer(authorized) And I'm kinda nervous about it.. 20% off msrp. shipping included no tax..

I bought it from Vanns and I have to say they have excellent customer service and the damage in shipping wasn't their fault. It came double boxed, to me it looks like damage from the factory since the Klipsch box itself looked fine considering. Vanns sure came through with options and friendly people who want to help. The one I bought was on sale for $599.85 but is sold out now, so only the black one is available at full price. Good luck!

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/548899037/klipsch-rc64-black-center-speaker

what probably happened was it was dropped off the truck that delivered it flat and the sheer weight of the 64 fell on the plastic grill. I doubt Klipsch's quality control would miss that. Remember the grill is attached to the speaker when boxed, it might have been better to put the grill in a separate box inside the box. But remember that Klipsch boxes now are shipping certified but their main mode of being delivered is from the factory to the dealer on a freight truck, not oops or fedup

I wan't planning on buying it either, just watching and waiting. I just went for the emotiva amp (xpa-5) because of the sale, next is the 64 for me and then the surrounds. But I need to wait for a while before my next purchase or I'll find myself sleeping outside... Last will be an epik sub. =D

you too! don't wait

I'm very blessed. My wife doesn't care what I do in the theater room. I can put whatever I want in there, she's just grateful that it's not all in the living room. Wink It's a good thing too cause all of my speakers are huge.

Honestly, this is the first time she has gotten upset over speaker size, and I mean she got upset. Try to figure them out, when I replace the KSF 10.5's with the KG 5.2's I figured she would say something, she just said wow, those things are bigger than the others, but no complaints, not even inferred by hints.

I put this one in which in my view makes everything match and bada bing bada boom, she has a melt down. I bring the C5 upstairs she doesn't even notice and it almost blocks out the bottom of the screen on this cabinet! Oh well...

I had a girlfriend that was intrigued and not put off by the 83's I had in the room, sucks that that didn't last.

Hi, New here, just curious to where you purchased rc64 at? I'm about to purchase rf82-rc62-rs42 rw-12d from an online dealer(authorized) And I'm kinda nervous about it.. 20% off msrp. shipping included no tax..

I bought it from Vanns and I have to say they have excellent customer service and the damage in shipping wasn't their fault. It came double boxed, to me it looks like damage from the factory since the Klipsch box itself looked fine considering. Vanns sure came through with options and friendly people who want to help. The one I bought was on sale for $599.85 but is sold out now, so only the black one is available at full price. Good luck!

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/548899037/klipsch-rc64-black-center-speaker

what probably happened was it was dropped off the truck that delivered it flat and the sheer weight of the 64 fell on the plastic grill. I doubt Klipsch's quality control would miss that. Remember the grill is attached to the speaker when boxed, it might have been better to put the grill in a separate box inside the box. But remember that Klipsch boxes now are shipping certified but their main mode of being delivered is from the factory to the dealer on a freight truck, not oops or fedup

Agreed, very possible, what I don't get is why Klipsch packages the grill on the speaker when its such a heavy box, it looks like the impact must have been from front to back because of the way the veneer is rolled up where the grill made impact. I bought WB-14's over the holiday and the grills were seperated from the speakers so they wouldn't be damaged. In fact, the packaging of those speakers were far better then the reference RC-64 I bought.

• Moderators

Youthman, put the RC-7 up for sale if it sells then buy the RC-64 while there are still Cherry ones available at the closeout prices, the RC-7 should sell quickly

It's sooo tempting, especially with all the peer pressure. I thought I was too old for that. Lemme check with my A/V guy to see what he can get me an RC-64 for.

I was the one who let the cat out of the bag about the RF and RC cherry's being discontinued. I also will tell you guys that www.wwstereo.com an online authorized dealer has the last of them for $599.00 on sale. So if you want one you better hurry. They are a great company to deal with. Once they are gone that is it for the new ones and yuo will have to buy used stuff.

I feel your pain!! I had to go through 3 RC 64 before I got one not damaged by UPS. The seller was Fantastic in dealing with the problem and even 2nd day air shipped one so I would get it on Christmas Eve. Unfortunatly, that one was also damaged by UPS!! Each Time I called the seller and told them of the damage they immediatly shipped a new one without waiting for my damaged return. They never questioned me or wanted to see photos of damage. The third one they sent they paid for a freight carrier to handle it and I got that one on New Years Eve at 7:00pm. World Wide Stereo was one of the best on line retailers I have ever delt with. I can not say enough good about them If you are in that market to buy, check them out!!!! You wont regret it, I didn't! They are an authorized Klipsch dealer and are on the Klipsch website dealer page. They have some great deals going on as well. Good luck with the return and I hope you can get one undamaged by the shipping companies.

• Moderators

I just heard back from my dealer that I got my RF-83's through. He can get the RC-64 in cherry for me. My RF-83's came on a pallet. Hoping the RC-64 will be sent via truck as well. Not sure what normal procedure is. Sooner I sell my RC-7, sooner I can order the RC-64.

That is why when I bought my RC-7 (used in mint condition), I was very happy I found a local seller so I did not need to worry about shipping damage. I paid $600 (if I remember right) but it was every bit like brand new and I did not have shipping charges or shipping damage worries.

• Moderators

That is why when I bought my RC-7 (used in mint condition), I was very happy I found a local seller so I did not need to worry about shipping damage. I paid $600 (if I remember right) but it was every bit like brand new and I did not have shipping charges or shipping damage worries.

That is definitely the best way to go. I would prefer to sell mine locally for that very reason but am willing to ship.

Well I just received my RC-64 via UPS today and it was damaged. This one shipped in the Klipsch box (no double box) and the box had really taken a beating. Surprisingly the grill was OK but the enclosure had suffered minor cosmetic damage on the bottom rear edge. The worst damage is that one of the speaker cones has been pushed inside-out and is now convex shaped. There is also something big and heavy that moves around inside the enclosure when the speaker enclosure is lifted and tilted. My guess is that a real hard drop from the back of the truck broke the driver frame and the magnet and maybe some other part of the speaker is rolling around inside. I will be calling the seller in the morning.