Incredibly lucky crash landing .

sunburnwilly

That time of the day, there are dozens of ferry boats in the water.....the pilot could not have picked a better spot to ditch the plane...witness report the plane came down so smooth many thought it was a sea plane doing a water landing.

its the talk of all the broadcast news stations.

That time of the day, there are
dozens of ferry boats in the water.....the pilot could not have picked
a better spot to ditch the plane...witness report the plane came down
so smooth many thought it was a sea plane doing a water landing.

It must have been a real smooth landing since the whole plane is basically intact and in one piece

My concern is now every pilot who wants to show off is going to try this.

don't think so....we were required to do actual running landings on a regular basis and did not look forward to it.....even with no pax, cargo, fumes for fuel, you really did not know if you would roll snake eyes or box cars.

That pilot pulled off an amazing landing and the whole world knows it.

Theres no doubt in my mind he was the last one off the plane.

My concern is now every pilot who wants to show off is going to try this.

Not if they're any good. I think pilots that would try to show off would be grounded.

Give the airlines and New York City all the crap you want but the pilot was highly skilled and did what he had to do, flawlessly. I'm sure commercial pilots train for such scenarios. I think they said the ferry companies or at least one ferry company trains for such thing.

Kudos to the pilot and crew and rescuers for carrying out a practically flawless landing and rescue.

There's a teenager on our street who has been seen spanking his monkey out in broad daylight. His older brother (discharged military) was reported for being in the middle of the highway, throwing rocks at passing cars. I don't have to drive to CO to find weirdos! I can just look out my back door, like ol' John Fogerty.

Not at all! It shows your intelligence.

I hate when that happens.

BTW, I always find it very interesting to hear the accounts of people praying on planes that are in distress. It's amazing how priorities can become clear in dire circumstances. I wonder what atheists do in similar straits.