Does light oak match oak oil?

carbon summit

I found a pair of KG 2.5s in medium oak. Will they match my oak oil Forte IIs?

The Klipsch site says they were made in medium oak and light oak. Forte lls in oak oil and oak clear. What matches what?

I'm also looking for advice on price. Original owner and he says they are perfect. This would be a shipped deal so I can't go see them first hand to see the finish to know if it would match my Forte IIs or not or if they are in fact perfect. But assuming they are what is a fair price on them?

Oak oil will match oak oil. Even oak clear will complement oak oil. They won't match necessarily but since the grain will be similar the diferent shades would be less of a difference than different shades and grains you would get from a diferent veneer. The price depends on what the seller wants and what you will pay. You can do some research on ebay to get a rough idea. Keep in mind that those in next to perfect condition are the hardest to find. I have oak oil and oak clear, the clear are much lighter and more modern looking compared to the more traditional looking oak oil.

Your thread title says light oak, your post says medium oak, WHICH ONE IS IT?? [:)]

My best friend has a pair of light oak (I think) KLF-30s and they are more of a yellowish color and the grain patterns are very thin and closely spaced together. Totally different than my Oiled Oak Forte IIs.

Not that this answers the question. I expect that lacquered oak is going to be fairly blonde, almost like freshly sanded oak. OTOH, oiled oak is going to be somewhat darker and warmer, but not like stained oak.

Price is hard to say because in these economic times there are some distress sales. I'll say $600 a pair for mint, tops, with boxes and literature. If you can inspect and can avoid e-bay, uncertainty of condition, and shipping, I'd go for that . . . and maybe horse trade. (Is the seller reading this? If so, he's got the same problem. Make a local sale for cash in hand, or go to e-Bay with shipping, delay, uncertainty, etc.)

I usually make up a bill of sale. From Mr. Smith to Mr. Jones, SNs _____ for $___ on date ___. Just for good record keeping.

Wm McD

Whoops, You are correct to challenge me on that. I should have explained better. IF. . . shipping, uncertainty,,etc can be avoided, that figure is top dollar.

But I see you're not in that situation. Sorry.

I got burned on an e-Bay deal on the Quartets and so I am now willing to pay top dollar for something local and safe (or someone here I know.) . And my top dollar mentioned is, admittedly, pretty extravagant.

In my case with the Q's, the seller packed things badly and so a corner got mushed. Both, not one tweeter was burned out. About $200 in insult to my delicate sense of honor. Yeah, I could have argued with UPS, the seller, etc. So I just had to "eat" the cost.

Mea Culpa in quoting to high a price..

Wm McD

Wm McD,

UPS just delivered an EXPENSIVE quitar amp. They left it on the driveway with the smashed and ripped open portion of the box down. (no one will notice..lol) Luckily, I was able to repair the inside bracing that got knocked out and the other damage. This amp was 70lbs. Apparently, anything over 2 lbs is at GREAT RISK.

I have only dealt with one UPS driver who was honest enough to come to my door, and explain that an item was damaged and he wasn't going to remove it from the truck. WOW, HONESTY, what a concept. If you can't handle the job, and are not honest....QUIT, or get fired. I just cant stand LAME employees that want a paycheck for NOTHING. I will not use UPS again.

Anyway, about the med oak vs oil oak. I have that mix and unless they are sitting right next to one another...you will prabably not notice a difference.

Take care all....and kiss off UPS! What a JOKE! [8o|][N]

Mike

I worked for UPS while in college. The stories I could tell you...Indifferent

You could tell one or two... [:D]

I think it depends upon the local crew. I use Big Brown for most everything I get (always sent to my office). In fact, the local route driver and I have become pretty good pals. Admittedly, I've never shipped something as large/heavy and at the same time delicate as speakers.