Forte's Should I buy them??

oldmako

CHAPTER TWO--------- "The Delimna" (De-LIMM-nuh)

Much to my chagrin, dismay, displume, mortification, horror, and angst, both tweeters inop, dead, bereft of life, no more, shagged out, pushing up dasies, and have gone to meet their maker. I was reluctant to kick tires and get all medieval with them when I was at the old guys crib. As the dog whisperer says, I was passive submissive and living in the moment. Additionally he seemed a bit on edge about me yanking and banking with his babies, even though he had the gall to unload them on Craigslist and cast them into the wretched and ordinary abyss of John Q.

At any rate, new tweeters are $30.50/each from Klipsch. Free shipping, no tax, direct screw in replacement no soldering etc required. Even a dweeb like me can do it once I get the screwdriver part figured out.

Both ship today. Oh well, two perfect Fortes with new tweeters, boxes, & a spare grill for $456. I'm still happy. Not giddy, bouyant, ebullient, euphoric, effervescent or fiendish, but I am happy.

This partially explains the big diff when I had them side by side with my boomers.

Not the sharpest tool on the forum, but a tool nontheless.

OM

Did you check connections first...sometimes transporting them will loosen connections...I am a fellow all thumbs kinda guy but the diaphragms may have been shot...easy as well to replace and a bit cheaper from either Klipsch or Bob Crites...you could have replaced them with Titanium diphragms for a bit more than $50 bux...good luck...you still got a steal...I would have a pair myself (two pair of Quartets) if everyone around me didn't want $750 for their less than steller ones...

Bill