Best Buy Sold out of TV's

x97lyons

uuuummmm....CC is already gone. they went belly up. i have a co-worker that was looking for a tv. he shoped around and decided on CC. we all told him to go ahead and get the tv but NOT the service plan. he ignored up and got the service plan, week later, they announce that they are closeing their doors.....he's screwed out of $300 for the warranty.....we warned him.....

The service plans are honored by a 3rd party, see here: http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/CC/524619333x0x264593/65777E4E-3103-4D1A-B2FB-17D3D2702714/Media_and_Customer_FAQ_1.16.09_for_posting.pdf

Your friend is fine....

Here is the important info from the Nice Article about................

Are Circuit City’s EXTENDED WARRANTIES affected by the liquidation?
• No. Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans® (extended warranties) have
been backed by third-party independent companies for more than 15
years and as a result, are not impacted by Circuit City’s closing.
• Currently, all Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans are fully backed by
the Assurant Solutions companies. Assurant Solutions operates as
Federal Warranty Service Corporation, Sureway, Inc., and United Service
Protection, Inc. Assurant Solutions is part of Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ),
and its extended service contacts are backed by an Assurant insurance
subsidiary rated A “Excellent” by A.M. Best Co.
• Because they are backed by third-party company Circuit City Advantage
Protection Plans WILL be available on products purchased during Circuit
City’s liquidation sales (except in our three Puerto Rico locations).
• Assurant Solutions says it is not necessary for customers to call or email
Assurant Solutions service centers to confirm the validity of their contracts.
• Carry-in service will no longer be available through Circuit City stores.
Circuit City customers who subscribed to a plan that included carry-in
service will be provided an alternative drop-off location for on-site service
or shipping instructions to return items to an authorized service center.
What number do I call about my Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans®
(extended warranty)?
• Assurant Solutions says it is not necessary for customers to call or email
Assurant Solutions service centers to confirm the validity of their contracts.
• To obtain service for a City Advantage Protection Plan, customers should
use the phone numbers provided in their terms and conditions and listed
below:
o Personal computers, laptops, printers, digital cameras and other
computer-related equipment: 1.800.555.4615
o Televisions purchased after Dec. 1, 2006: 1.800.878.1167 (If a
contract was purchased before this date, it is likely that another
third-party provider is responsible for the contract.)
o MP3 players, CD Players, auto audio systems, and other consumer
electronics items purchased after Dec. 1, 2006: 1.800.555.4615 (If
a contract was purchased before this date, it is likely that another
third-party provider is responsible for the contract.)

I've given up on BB. I didn't go there for about 3 years (stationed over seas). I was actually excited to go when I got back to the U.S, so I did. Last I remember, they had a VAST assortment of receivers, amps, dvd players, speakers, even Klipsch, subs, etc. Uhhhhhh, maybe it was just our local BB, but all they had were TV's, a few dvd/bd players, and HTIB systems! I didn't see a single receiver, power amp, nothing! I highly doubt I'll ever go back.........

If you've shopped a particular model and are certain you want it, I'm not sure why you'd bother with the B&M stores (BB, Sears, etc...) when you can find them less online. For example, Amazon has the subject model of this thread for $100 less than Sears, no tax, and free shipping!

Samsung LN46A630 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color

friday sale

List Price: $1,899.99
Price: $1,299.98

Free Shipping

You Save: $600.01
(32%)

I swore i would never go back in there... but ....my Dell monitor crapped out this morning leaving me with business emergencies. So I went into the BB store hoping to buy a 19" monitor- maybe 2 if the price was right. I stood around for 15 mins waiting on an "associate" to help me. Finally this middle aged guy walked up and asked to help. There were like 10 or 12 models on display in the 17-19 range that I was looking for. I made several selections and OF COURSE none were in stock.We looked at some Dells and Acers that were not on display and the prices were WAY out of line for those 2 brands. The only thing available in stock for under 200 was some off brand junk that i had never seen or heard of. The sales guy was actually pretty cool and knew his stuff. he didn't even try to sell me the junk brands. After 30 mins of looking in the inventory and digging around searching for stuff that was supposed to be in inventory and was not he had had enough. He went into the back and pulled out a nice Samsung wide screen model with the fast refresh rate and the high resolution. Of course it did not show up on the store inventory computer. He did some kind of flim flam price match markdown deal and I walked out with a nice monitor for way less than it should have cost. I thanked him and told him that I would be back to buy another monitor from him when they got some in stock. he said" Dont bother- monday is my last day- this place sucks- I am outa here." Great employee attitude- nice huh?

This took me an hour and 15 minutes. Should have taken 10 mins- 15 max.Business model for failure.

Maybe you should have asked where he was going to be working next, since it sounds like he actually was very helpful to you in spite of working at an unhelpful store. It wasn't his fault you lost some time, but he did save you some money.

I've been watching this whole big-box retailer situation with a vested interest, as I am one of the "boys in blue", albeit on a stricly part-time basis. It's absolutely fair about what everyone says. Many Best Buy employees just don't care at all. They just want a paycheck. Period.

I consider myself at least adequate when it comes to sales, as I am always polite and helpful to the point of self-loathing. lol

It helps that I work in a small store in a small town where every employee still has a "name and a face." I still think Best Buy has a stormy future ahead though, based on EVERY SINGLE customer "experience" I've heard on the internet. Accurate or not, it needs help.

Just my tuppence.