Had to downsize to 5.2.....

tommyboy

As many of you know, we got a new puppy friday night. We never really used our back door; but now we need it. We would just always walk around the house to get in the back yard. Anyway, it was too big of a pain with the room the way it was, so I "sacrifised" and gave up the r.s. to have access to the back door.........

How it WAS set up

post-16545-13819437621512_thumb.jpg

Ya, I don't think I'll miss the RS tooo much.......... I'm just glad that it still sounds as good as it did before. The bass is a lot less "boomy" now. Before I had the SUB 12 in the front right corner, and the 10 about 3' behind the couch. MUCH better now! Sounds more............ natural

I really like having 2 subs! I didn't really use the 10 when it was behind the listening position, but at first it was in the corner, in front of that door in my first post. The original plan was to sell the 10 when I bought the 12, but decided against it!

On the other hand, I don't really use both for music. Overkill for me. We watched Hulk this morning while I reset all my levels, etc, and the amount of bass from both subs being on was pretty nice! To answer/recommend something for your inquiries, I say keep the sub you have, and get another one. I couldn't imagine only having one with HT now! It all depends on how much bass you like..............

I just did a direct comparison. First I had just the 10 on. It sounded good, but a liittle boomy. (xover set at 80Hz) Then the 12. Sounded good, but you could tell that all the bass was coming from the left side. with both subs on, it's a lot more smooth, and blended. It's not focused on either side, not boomy, or muddy, etc.................. And of course there's a little more bass. I believe I read on here somewhere that an extra sub only add around 6 Db?

I just got done listening to some music, all different genre's, and the F2's image SO much better now! I guess with the "slanted" ceiling, the room acoustics made it difficult the way it was before. But now, it sounds a ton better! The subs/bass sounds better, the towers sound better, the center and surrounds sound the same. I may not even notice that the rear surround is gone................