La Scalas are back

sootshe

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the angle bracket for the mid driver....I just couldn't wait to hear them. I'll fit up a set of wooden brackets soon.

Why worry? The factory La Scalas have a metal bracket to support the K400. It's a heavier bracket than the one you're using, but it's not any prettier.

BTW, your speakers are very pretty. Congratulations on a fine job. If you want to upgrade them sometime in the far future, you could make K510 horns fit inside those tops and the outward appearance would be no different. The sound sure would be.

Beautiful blondes! Very nice work. Enjoy them.

Greg

Now THAT is a compliment from the best.

Yes, very nice work, handsome grain pattern.

Michael

Yeah,
I appreciate your comments Greg & don't forget that you gave us the inspiration to use this design. Another comment on the sound quality as I've done some more critical listening. I believe the drivers are acquiring a more mellow tone as they are are running in........the bass in particular.

It's hard to believe that you could improve on these with different horns & drivers (the V Trac & BMS for example) so for the moment I'll take your word for it, as you have all been down that path & have the benefit of that experience.