Looking for a GREAT receiver!!

nezff

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Bill has a good point. If the 805 has all the features you need, $400 is a great price. I got my Yamaha 1800 for that price and I love it. Technology changes way too quick. It's hard to justify spending a ton of money on a receiver when it will depreciate so quickly.

do any of you guys agree that the Onkyo 876 is worth the price? Im just wondering what the 876 offers that the 806 or 805 doesnt.

I know the 876 has 4 HDMI inputs, the 806 has FIVE!

Im just trying to figure out if the extra $300 is worth it for the 876. Do any of you guys have a 876 or 806? thanks.

one more thing guys. My new 876 has the ability to bridge the front left and right speakers. In the manual it says at least a 8ohm speaker is required for bridging. What it does, is give more power to the left and right speakers. Instead of 140, it gives around 200 watts into those two channels.

My question is, Are my RF63s ok to bridge? I was under the impression this would drop the ohms down? I could be wrong.