should I try to use the old sub with the new one??

winchester21

My new RSW- 15 will arrive tomorrow. I am now running an older Definitive PF 15 which is ok but is lagging behind my k horns fronts-cornwall surrounds- (set on large)- rear lascallas- RC64 center(to be replaced by center lascalla). Sony 4300ES HT receiver- separate amps for all speakers. The room is 14 wide x 25 long with k horns at one end-(14 ft dim width)corns on the side near the couch. lascallas at the back wall. couch is 15 feet from the front wall with fronts-center- components and proposed area for the RSW 15 between the components and the right k horn-. Crossover freq on the receiver is set at 80. No complaints except for center horn mismatch- will fix as soon as I find a lascalla- and present sub- which should be immediately corrected.

My question is - with the information provided- should I keep the PF15?? How do I hook up 2 subs? I was thinking of hiding the 2nd sub under a computer desk located in the center near the rear of the room. camera is not working so i cant send pics yet.

I dont know jack about subs except what I have read here so any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Running two subwoofers can be beneficial but it depends on the two subs you're using. In your case you would be much better off not using the Definitive sub. There's no way it will keep up with the RSW-15 and it will bottleneck your system big time.

That RSW15 is a beast! I like mine a lot.

I do have a Klipsch synergy 12 that I bought as an interim solution when I blew up my old one and then my wife would not let me keep the behemoth that I built in the house........WAF is a PITA!

Anyways, I have them both in there and it sounds a little better (could be in my head) with a little bit coming from the other corner. I just keep it way down as compared to the RSW since it cannot keep up with my Klipsch Reference HT set up when I am rocking the house or even in HT.

I like it there, until I can get another RSW15 to match it, it makes me happy...

Listen to it, albeit with the gain down below the RSW and see if YOU like it. If not, theres always Ebay to get you a few bucks toward your next RSW.

Got the RSW-15 up and running. WOW- What a Beast. I love the way this thing kind of hangs out in the background at normal volume levels and then knocks you out of your chair when a sub note hits. If you are lurking- waiting for one to come available- keep waiting- you will not regret it.

WHY IN THE H- - - DID THEY STOP MAKING THIS UNIT OR ONE LIKE IT?????????? Go figure.

She is a monster.

Got the RSW-15 up and running. WOW- What a Beast. I love the way this thing kind of hangs out in the background at normal volume levels and then knocks you out of your chair when a sub note hits. If you are lurking- waiting for one to come available- keep waiting- you will not regret it.

WHY IN THE H- - - DID THEY STOP MAKING THIS UNIT OR ONE LIKE IT?????????? Go figure.

She is a monster.

i used to have 2 of those but i had to share the thump. thank the lord you got it working Chris. i was sick when you said it didn't work

let us all repeat NO UPS No UPS NO UPS

For the rest of you this arrived at my place via UPS- DOA. I had a deal worked out to bring it down in the cab of a truck from one of my vendors near the seller but the deal fell through and I had to UPS it. Knowing the honesty of the people on this forum I had no doubt that the unit worked when it left the seller. I got on the phone with Klipsch tech assistance and they talked me through tearing this monster apart and fixing it myself. There was a black wire spade- male/ female connection that had come loose. This was a major PIA but all ended well. I hate UPS as much as the next guy- I use them at work and utterly despise them-but in this case I don't think they were the culprit. This connection was a tight fit and it took a massive effort to force the thing back in place. No way it got jarred loose in transit. Some jerk - drunk of druggie on the assembly line- had not properly secured it to the male connector. It took some effort to get it pushed on and it was more that he or she wanted to be bothered with. I knew had it had to be something like this. it would have eventually worked loose in use. I would never use UPS on something this large unless I was out of options as in this case. Also the lesson here is not to fly off the handle when you have a problem and start blaming people before you know what is up.I would have looked like a complete @ss had I blamed the seller for shipping a non working unit before checking it COMPLETELY first.

If you ever have a sub failure- open it up if possible and look around- If the amp leads are connected in a sorry manner- they will come loose.

Thanks for sharing the Pair- much enjoyed.

• 2 weeks later...