KLF 30 VS RF 7

johnhart

I haven't had the chance to listen to a pair of klf 30s yet. Someone in an audioreview post said that they are so much better than the legendary rf7s. Anyone here who had some hands on experience?

Regards John

I actually prefer the KLF-20's over the 30's. They sound more efficient to my ears - meaning the same volume setting through both sets of speakers, the 20's will be louder than the 30's. I cannot post on a comparison to the RF7's. Those that like the "Legend" series sound (as I do), do seem to be partial to it - over other series.

KLF-30's

These can be killer speakers with some slight mods. Mids will be much healthier also. You just need to make sure you have an amp that can control those two 12" woofers. Most people forget about that part of it. They can sound flabby if you don't have good amplification.

KLF-30's

These can be killer speakers with some slight mods. Mids will be much healthier also. You just need to make sure you have an amp that can control those two 12" woofers. Most people forget about that part of it. They can sound flabby if you don't have good amplification.

not only do you have to control the lows but controling the highs is just important on the KLF 30's they Rock....................

What type of "slight mods" are you talking about for the KLF 30's? I have four (4) in my system and what you said about amplification is so true..

The "slight mods" I have heard about is installing new crossovers, which I think One Stop Bob (Bob Crites) has made in the past.

As for RF-7's VS KLF-30's, most of the posts so far have touched on the major differences. The KLF series (10, 20's, 30,s) has more of a cult-type following. Once you own a pair of them, its hard to part with them no matter the circumstances.

The 30's are one heck of an rock-n-roll, no holds bar set of speakers. They seem to bring out the best in the genre of music I tend to listen to the most often (60's-70's). No matter the quality of the recording, the 30's make the best of it. Of course turning up the volume doesn't hurt either..except maybe physically. The only reason why I don't have to 30's in service at this time is that I'm addicted to the "Heritage" sound at the moment and there isn't enough room to have them all at my beckoning call.

For HT use, IMO, they don't do as well as the RF-7's. Don't get me wrong, the 30's do very well pulling double duty but the RF-7's win the HT vote in my book and they are not too shabby of a "musical" speaker as well.

I haven't logged as many hours with the RF-7's as I have with the 30's so I wouldn't last too long in a heated debate over which one is better than the other.

They each offer something different and no matter what you decide, you can't go wrong..They are Klipsch speakers..right!!??!!

Good luck in your adventure.

JJ

Which one you prefer may end up depending on your amplification. Also how much you want clean mids that 2 ways don't usually provide as effortlessly crossed over as high as the RF's depending on the amp. The main reason so many people like the Heritage line. If you tame the tweeter on the 30's a little (via fixed lpad unless you have a really dead room), tighten up the bass with better enclosure dampening and longer ports.

If you drive them with clean tight power, they can be very good but they do like lots current.

Other crossover mods can also be done to bring them into another league. Both are good speakers but each has their following. You probably won't loose on either if the price is right.

I think you've got pretty good input so far.I'd add I have 7' and 20's,I really like em' both.The 20's work well with a wide variety of gear,as long as it's decent stuff.The 7's are very picky and work with a smaller variety,you need a good prepro and solid amp at minimum,at least Rotel,Emotiva,Outlaw,BK,Parasound and up.As much as like the 20's the 7's never cease to amaze with their all out roar when cranked up,simply fantastic.I'd hate to part with either but I don't know if I could ever be happy without 7's somewhere in the house.I've put em' up against other brands at twice the price,my friends and family all agree,keep the 7's.