St. Louis Sping Fever gathering... Saturday, March 28

sheltie dave

We'll be hosting a gathering on Saturday March 28, from noon to 9 pm.

I'll be making some jambalaya and red beans with rice, and will have some tasty stuff in the buy/sell/trade room. We hope the weather will cooperate, so we can throw the VOTTs on the back porch again. As usual, plenty of high efficiency vintage gear, tubes, time aligned stuff upstairs, and some good friends...local, AK buds, Klipsch forum guys, Tapeheads and GDIs.

Hoping Willie, Sturgis, Chris, Carl, Capn Bob, Lo, Maron and other members of the Gateway mafiosa can make it down here. Thumbs up It is an easy drive for those who are in the IL/MO/TN axis of evil.

Dave

We are still trying to line up a local manufacturer or two, but some things are shaping up well.

We will have have the following systems set up at the start, with no small thanks to Paul, Carl, Bob and others...

Thiel 3.6s with an Accuphase E-202 integrated amp
Dahlquist DQ10s with Marantz Model 19 receiver, Arcam CD player
KHorns triamped with SS amps, Juicy Music tube pre, Luxman TT with Grado
Thiel CS1.2s/AR2As with Marantz 2245 receiver, Pioneer TT w ShureV15
Energy Pro 22s with vintage SAE amp/pre, Marantz 150 tuna
1963 KHorns, Merlin tube pre, SET monoblocs, CD
VOTTs, Adcom pre, CM Labs 914 amp, CD
Klipsch RF-7s, McIntosh 1900 receiver

We are speaker rich in a smaller 50's house, but if anyone wants to bring a good CD player...it would be an upgrade for listening. We also don't have albums, although Brian could bring a couple thousand.biggrin.gif We would love to pick up some folks from Illinois and parts central and west in Missouri and Kansas, AR, and TN!

Larry, I sent you the info. We will fire up at noon so Colleen can sleep a couple more hours before second shift at the hospital. It is looking like a larger local crowd, with a couple guys from Wisconsin, Chicago, and Columbia. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Dave

Ron, I sent you a PM. You are welcome to come over and visit - if it is a professional visit with the VA, you will be three minutes from our house if you are going to Jefferson Barracks! We definitely can catch a dinner at one of the fine restaurants near where you are staying.

Here is a generic map of the Wal-Mart two minutes from our house in south county. Again, I will email or pm exact directions two days before the 28th. I don't want any EARLY arrivals...
http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=walmart+and+mehlville&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&ei=Hvy2SZvvNqCSsQPK0emyDw&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=image

Allright, so far we are looking at the following people who have RSVP'd...

Larry?
Bryan P
Scott F
Bo
Gavin
Rex
Ken S
Willie
Joe K
Bob C w friend
Bob A
Carl G
Scottie
Joe
Steve and nephew
Bill and Allan
Brian
Andy
Henry
David

Hoping we have good weather, so we can handle any number of people. The VOTTs and probably the Fraziers will be holding court in the backyard/patio.

Shoot your not that far, but I'm going sking (or more like taking the kids sking) the last weekend of March. But hope to go to HOPE, AR this year...

Have fun, and someone drink a beer or have a Scotch for me, thanks.

Dave,

"We would love to pick up some folks from Illinois and parts central and west in Missouri and Kansas, AR",

"but if anyone wants to bring a good (?) CD player"

What exactly do you mean by pick up? I have been caught in 5:00 traffic in LA and did OK. But I will not drive in SL or Atlanta[N]

Easy drive from North West AR and could stay just outside of town. (with transportation to and from your place)

The 29th is my B-day so a WAF is available. Would love to meet you guys up north, enjoy your company, the music and the gear.

I could bring a AH! CDP/ with up sampler, stocked with fresh NOS Siemens.

Regards,

tc

terry_cruse@foundationspecialties.com

Terry, we are in the county, not the city, so you avoid almost all of the idiot drivers. You would be coming up 44, catch the outer belt (270) south/east to Chicago, and take the Telegraph exit north off of 255. Three turns, three minutes, and you are in our driveway. We are getting tons of local people and northerners, but only a smattering of people from points south and west, hence that observation.

I think we can share a carrot cake bday cake, as my natal is also the 29th. And that AH definitely qualifies as a good CD player!

Well, "No" was one of the words I used. There were several others, too, mostly of Germanic and Anglo-Saxon derivation. The amp seems more or less, ok, by the way - unlike my knee, which broke the fall a bit, or the speaker, which the 275 landed on after deflecting off my knee. Or the cardboard box it finally came to rest on.

Well, we pulled the K33 woofer and the K55 driver out of the black vertical KHorn in prep for a transplant into the EV Georgian, and will order a new K77 diaphragm from Bob tomorrow. Gonna try the K55 out with the ALK Martinelli trachorn, alon with the original 848 bullhorn that EV used. Carl is bringing some crossovers over, and we'll give her a spin. The Georgian is essentially a KHorn with an enclosed back. It should be fun...

Thanks to Dave and Colleen for hosting a wonderful event on Saturday. The Jambalaya was to die for as was the company and Dave's multiple setups.

He truly could open a museum - well done. Saw old friends that I had not seen in awhile, and met lots of new ones.

Can't wait for the next one...........[:P]

Carl.