Indy Fest 2009 - The official site thread

I'm planning on having some earplugs handy in case I need to work near the mains ....

That is what headphones are for... to plug the ears!

Now riddle me this joker... @ 10 kHz in the evening with 80 % Relative Humidity and the sound travelling in the shaded area what will the same SPL at the mouth of the horn yeild at the board?

I'm planning on having some earplugs handy in case I need to work near the mains ....

That is what headphones are for... to plug the ears!

Now riddle me this joker... @ 10 kHz in the evening with 80 % Relative Humidity and the sound travelling in the shaded area what will the same SPL at the mouth of the horn yeild at the board?

which way's the wind blowing?

Building 'insert' cables for the sound board and effects racks tonight. Each leg is two 1/4 mono plugs which terminate in a stereo 1/4" Tip-Ring-Sleeve plug. This routes the signal from any mixer channel (like a vocal mic) out of the board- into an effect (like gate/comp/limiter) and then back into the board.

I need 4 of these for the compressers and another 4 for the drum gates. Each 4 pack is 8 wires and 12 x 1/4" plugs, so that's 36 solder connections. Whew, that's a lot ma'am!

which way's the wind blowing?

what's the temperature? How shady?

Is this a trick question?

Guys see itinerary for weekend HERE

The only thing in the air is the initial load-out. I'm borrowing my brother's open trailer (that he hauls tractor on) for the short 3 mile trip but not sure when it'll get here. Hopefully Thursday or very early Friday. Ideally we'll load up the truck and trailer, then back it into the shop (if possible). It needs to be secure so that we can enjoy Friday afternoon at Klipsch and the evening at Rogers from 5:30-10:00. I will really try NOT to stay up too late on Friday (Hurd and Doc won't be here so that'll help- they never sleep) because Saturday is a BIG DAY.

I really want to leave here no later than 8:00 am, that'll give us 2 hours to set up before sound check. Thump thinks this is minimal and we'll need every man to pitch in and carefully move these museum pieces into position. Then on to a long day of taking care of bands, switching out gear, mixing and learning about every aspect of what's going on in front of us. If you're not a trained Roadie before this event, you will be after!

Those who are travelling as casual labor- PLEASE stick around at the end of the show and help us tear down. We'll be carefully loading up, moving back to Roadie's (the name of my shop), unloading- then hooking up a minimal system for tunes while we eat Some Guys Pizza, raid my humidor, hit the hot tub, relax and recall the events of the day.

Michael

Broad Ripple Park info, strangely it's exactly as old as the mighty Klipschorn!

DESCRIPTION
Broad
Ripple Park (est. 1946) borders the White River and has a rich history
in the community. In the past, this site has been the home of an
amusement park, carousel (now at the Indianapolis Children's Museum), a
steam locomotive (now at the Transportation Museum in Noblesville), and
it was the location of the Olympic tryouts for swimming in 1924, and

The park offers a wide variety of programs and
activities for all ages. Programs are generally fee-based, and
registration is usually required.

AMENITIES
Family center
Seasonal swimming pool
Playground
Picnic shelters (2)
Picnic knoll
Tennis courts (6)
Baseball diamond
Athletic field (multi-use)
Viewing platform over the White River
Wooded lot
Fitness trail (.50 mile loop, unpaved)
Dog Park
Boat ramp to the White River

PARK MAP [PDF]

ballerinas.gif

FAQ's/TIPS

When is your pool open to the public?
The Broad Ripple Park Pool
is a seasonal swimming pool open Memorial Day Weekend through
August. Regular season hours are Monday through Saturday, 11 a.m. – 6
p.m., and Sunday, 12 noon – 6 p.m.

What are the fees for admittance to the pool?
Daily
admissions are $2 for kids 3 – 17 years of age and $3 for adults.
Children two and under are free. Seniors 55 and older are $2. You must
pay to enter the pool whether you swim or not.

1550 Broad Ripple Ave

Community Park, Outdoor Aquatic Center

Port-o-Let,Parking Lot,Picnic Shelter,Grills,Playground

Baseball,Tennis

Outdoor Aquatic Center

Stream,Boat Launch,White River

Gravel Trail,Fitness Trail

Meeting Room

Dog Park

Broad Ripple Park

If your coming friday night, I need your email asap to send you my address, telephone etc.

I will send this info out on Thursday night.

Pizza Party is at 6 pm, We can listen to some music and movies till 10-11 pm.

Hurry, it will be fun.

Roger aka IndyKlipschFan

Don't forget Michael I'll be following you unless my van needs to come later as the vittles van.

I had earlier, maybe in email, volunteered to come down Thursday night if you need help then. I should be able to but it will be later as Alea's high school band is inviting all the parents to hear how the music for this fall's marching band show is coming along and the band boosters are helping to serve some snacks and coerce more parents to join band boosters so I won't be able to come Thursday night until later 9~10 PM.

(I think we joined band boosters. Went to what we thought was new high school band member parent orientation that turned out to be a band boosters meeting. [:o] Only one other parent was thusly confused. I think we never received the notes that were sent home from school but our daughter hadn't really been in school the second semester. How many cases of band candy would everyone like to order?)

Just let me know. Otherwise I'm planning on coming Friday morning hoping to arrive well before noon.

Colter's Roadie's School of Roadie... maybe an apprenticeship to the Society....?

Ben, thanks. I'm not sure when the trailer will be here. WIll call bro today. At the very least we can put monitors and smaller items in the back of truck ahead of time. Trying to keep damage to stuff down to minimum.

Most of these speakers have had paint touched up, grilled flattened and painted, new logos etc. Please treat them like you'd want them for your living room.

I did the art for your back stage passes last night. I think they look pretty cool. Here's one side, the other will be a surprise.

post-10755-13819475683804_thumb.jpg

I did the art for your back stage passes last night. I think they look pretty cool. Here's one side, the other will be a surprise.

Cool. Too bad we didn't get the tee shirts together..... I'm hoping we can somehow all have the same black Klipsch tee shirts.

I only have 3 in black

• 60th Anniversary - cool shirt but too much ink for a hot day (Pilgrimage 2007)
  • Power. Detail. Emotion. (Pilgrimage 2008). Alea has one also maybe someone could borrow it for the day if we need a smallish one and I can find it - she shouldn't mind as she's been wearing my 1982 Who tee shirt a lot lately
  • Copper logo tee shirt

I like the concept we came up with and I think my idea of implementing that could've worked.... may still put it out here if/when I get around to it.

Michael and friends,

I truly regret that I will not be able to be with y'all this weekend. Please think of me....I'll be running a hot-rod CT Scanner at a Level-1 trauma center in downtown Birmingham while you are out having this great fun. Perhaps I can participate next year if the schedule permits. Everybody please be safe, watch the ETOH consumption, drink plenty of water, and don't forget your sunscreen and hearing protection as appropos!!

God Bless,

Doc

Too bad we didn't get the tee shirts together..... I'm hoping we can somehow all have the same black Klipsch tee shirts.

I only have 3 in black

• 60th Anniversary - cool shirt but too much ink for a hot day (Pilgrimage 2007)
  • Power. Detail. Emotion. (Pilgrimage 2008). Alea has one also maybe someone could borrow it for the day if we need a smallish one and I can find it - she shouldn't mind as she's been wearing my 1982 Who tee shirt a lot lately
  • Copper logo tee shirt

I like the concept we came up with and I think my idea of implementing that could've worked.... may still put it out here if/when I get around to it.

Please remember me if y'all do get these t-shirts together. I wear long-sleeve tees under my scrubs at work to protect from the cold of the AC and the inevitable trauma center messes and am always in need of them. I once got a canine fungus (esoteric and hard to get over) on my left forearm from lifting a patient to do a portable chest X-Ray so this is a must-have item anymore for me. Darker colors are better as they do not show blood so bad, and something that did not fade too much would be ideal. I already have two of the short-sleeved black logo style. Is there a cool vintage design that could be resurrected? Maybe some of the cognoscentii could get a long-sleeve style added to the mix??

Doc

Michael, Roger, et al. I have been working pretty mental hours here lately and also have been waiting for my passport to come in. ( I applied a few weeks back ) As of today, it appears I still don't have a passport in hand, and am unable to cross the border, as they were required as of June 1st. Unless a miracle comes through and my passport is in my hand tomorrow or friday, I won't be able to come. [:@]

I was looking forward to coming down for the weekend, and I hope that will still happen, but it's looking slim. Michael, I will call you.

Michael, Roger, et al. I have been working pretty mental hours here lately and also have been waiting for my passport to come in. ( I applied a few weeks back ) As of today, it appears I still don't have a passport in hand, and am unable to cross the border, as they were required as of June 1st. Unless a miracle comes through and my passport is in my hand tomorrow or friday, I won't be able to come. Angry

Bummer Michael,

I hope your passport comes this week.

Good to talk to you this evening Glenn, you and Verna have fun at Roger's tonight. Glad you had a safe tri.

Just talked to CustomSteve on the phone, he's on Harley and in Dayton so will be here around 10:30. He hit about 4 hours of rain. [st]

Let's catch up tomorrow. I need to check on the trailer and get some more wiring done, there's no end to the prep work.

M

Trailer's here but is too long to put in the shop with all doors closed so we'll load later in the week- Thursday night. I'll load smaller stuff like stands and monitors in the back of the truck today to spread out the back breaking work.

Still need to make some A/C cables for lighting and for stage boxes. Gotta give the kids plenty of places to 'plug in'.