Speaker screen/net

y7deluxe

believe it or not, I just put it on there without any plan and it looks great. I cut the cloth to be larger than the grill. I didn't use any screws or anything like that. I just started at one end and then moved to the one opposite of that. That kept the cloth straight for me. I used hot glue, so it dried quickly. There wasn't any issues with keeping it straight. Maybe I got lucky. After I did the two ends, I moved on to the other sides (the longer sides). They were too long to do all at once like the other sides, so I started by gluing the middle part. After that, I filled in the left and right sides and it was finished. Took me about 30 minutes to do the Infiniti IL 36. This was a small speaker grill. I'm probably going to run into some difficulties with my CF-3's and CF-4's because they are much larger. But at least I was able to practice on a smaller item first. Wish me luck. Thanks for all the responses ;)

8x the cost though :( I actually found it on ebay first, after I was told it was cloth and not net/screen. I was going to purchase it from him but my gf kept insisting I look at Joanne Fabrics first. I really didn't think I'd find anything there, but I did and I'm very happy because it saved me $70 :) The clotch isn't perfect, but you cannot tell a difference from more than 5 feet away, and yes my eyes are perfect and yes I'm extremely picky about this stuff.

I've bought cloth from the Joann fabric and craft store close to where I live and it was actually labeled as Black Speaker Cloth 3514023. It is really good grill material and at a low cost. Very good quality which stretches very nicely and looks great and professional. I use small staples and stretch it tightly to the frame. Comes out beautiful every time.