The Good Life (in words and images!)

Sky Hits

Yesterday, my fiancee had to work, so it was just me and the cat at home, looking out the window at a fickle day of spring weather in Chicago. My first thought was to fire these up and get them ready:

Sophia Audio Electric Baby

Knowing the hail would be turning to rain and then snow eventually, I braved the weather and made a quick jaunt to the grocery store to pick up some reinforcements. I headed back home with these:

sausages

And this:

Unibrou La Fin Du Monde

Upon my return, the tubes were warm and ready to make these sing:

image 1105050900-0

Unfortunately, my usual source (Technics 1200) is in the shop, and its replacement (Thorens TD 165, coming via Chuck "ColonialHoo" of Virginia, thank you Chuck!) has not yet arrived. So I was stuck using this:

asonycd2.jpg

And you know what? It was great! I played a burnt cd of this:

jimmy-smith-house-party.jpg

Followed by a burnt copy of this:

<Bjork's Medulla. The image is possiblly SFW but a bit..arresting, if curious go here: http://atipicalmindfading.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/bjork-medulla.jpg>

As well as a honest-to-goodness store-bought copy of this:

cowboy.bmp

The beer was enjoyed, the sausages cooked with green pepper and onions and devoured, it looked something like this:

Half_Pan_Sausage_and_Peppers.JPG

And I tell you, friends, it was one heck of a good day.

THE END (?)

All y'all really know how to hurt a guy... [:'(]

Bell peppers and sausages are very high on my Never Again list of foods, since being hospitalized in November!

--Edit: And I don't even have a good turntable to ease my pain, but I have got La Scalas! [;)]